DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&R Switch and relay/fuse panel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&R Switch and relay/fuse panel
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted
My car has a the K&R switch panel and it plugs into the K&R fuse/relay panel

The Ignition switch occasionally does not light up and engine does not fire. Its becoming more frequent lately....

Hit switch off and back on and it works.....

I assume it is the rocker switch.....I don't recall if ignition is relayed...but since it does not light the rocker switch, I'd be leaning to the switch....

Any body have issues like this and what fixed it.....Switch panel or relay/fuse board ?

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have had the exact same problem. It was the switch. I did a temporary fix at a race and bypassed it with a toggle switch. I sent the switch panel to Kevin and he fixed it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Cameron, MO | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Have the same exact problem on our new car...we.wired another push button direct...need to send board to Kevin soon...prolly after Michigan race.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input...

I knew I was probably not the only one with the problem....

My switch panel is from 2003 !

The starter switch stuck on once from a tiny pebble getting lodged in it !!!

I'll have to call Kevin to see if its worth sending in or just buy a new panel.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have pulled many small rocks out of these switch panels, a pick or small screwdriver worked well to remove...PIA but overall good products!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
have also seen voltage drop from ign relay

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have a starter button on each side of the car for engine roll over for running valves , etc.
They are both HOT. Can be used for starting the car in this situation.
As others have mentioned, an extra switch wired in is good to have.
Just remember, if these are wired HOT, the car will start in gear, creating a potential hazard.

Remember "Stuff" happens.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeB4963:
We have a starter button on each side of the car for engine roll over for running valves , etc.
Just remember, if these are wired HOT, the car will start in gear, creating a potential hazard.

These remote start buttons should be properly wired through the neutral safety switch or used with a relay board with built in neutral safety.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My car has one remote crank button at the drivers side back of block...

I'm not sure but think it is wired so it won't crank the engine unless its in P or N.....

As a safety measure I generally never run my car unless I'm in it or its on jack stands.....

I hate watching someone run a dragster with it sitting on the ground and no one in the drivers seat....very unsafe to me...

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeB4963:

These remote start buttons should be properly wired through the neutral safety switch or used with a relay board with built in neutral safety.

^X2, they should only spin the engine when in park or neutral.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post