DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Can anyone identify this PTC Conv
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone identify this PTC Conv
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted
The PTC conv has these #’s on it. Can anyone tell me what motor/hp it might be good for
Thx
# PTC 10 TH 15 1/4
Then it has
72772 and 74449 stamped on the opposite side
Thx in advance

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i cant help much ,but,10 inch for 1/4 plate.the 15 tells the story but i dont know the answer.my ptc 10 inch is made for lots of torque it will work and is loose enough for 4.5 stroke but not less stroke.it worked well behind my 598 but would not work behind an eleven degree with less stroke.the 11 deg made much more hp

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:
The PTC conv has these #’s on it. Can anyone tell me what motor/hp it might be good for
Thx
# PTC 10 TH 15 1/4
Then it has
72772 and 74449 stamped on the opposite side
Thx in advance

PTC can I'll guaratee ya.A buddy had a PTC opel core 8" in his attic for 10 years, maybe more he wanted me to try because he wanted to get rid of it. This thing looked old and outdated. I got it from him and called PTC, it had like 4 numbers on it probably one of the first converters they made LoL (sarcasm). When I called PTC, Kenny told me exactly what it was and exactly how it would act with my combo. And they were dead on with there forecast. It's a nice little active stator sprag converter, I like it. I damn sure wouldn't sell it for what I paid for it.

Call PTC if no one in here can help. They can.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
I have a 10TH14-1/4SL

10 is what they call a mini 10" with an 8" stator. th14 or 15, refers to the stator design. 1/4 means it was built for a 1/4" midplate and in my case the SL means spragless.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i cant help much ,but,10 inch for 1/4 plate.the 15 tells the story but i dont know the answer.my ptc 10 inch is made for lots of torque it will work and is loose enough for 4.5 stroke but not less stroke.it worked well behind my 598 but would not work behind an eleven degree with less stroke.the 11 deg made much more hp

Less stroke equals less torque. Converters work base on torque and resistance to torque.
A 1/2" stroke converter will stall higher than a 1/4 stroke, unless of course you add torque in a bottle or with a hair dryer.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Torque and RPM are measurable aggregates of engine output.

HP = Torque x RPM / 5252

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 15, 2020 07:21 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:

Less stroke equals less torque. Converters work base on torque and resistance to torque.
A 1/2" stroke converter will stall higher than a 1/4 stroke, unless of course you add torque in a bottle or with a hair dryer.

yes that was my point thanks for adding clarity lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post