DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Double Hop on launch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Hop on launch
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
M&M dragster Runs 4.70 M/T 3183 @ 5.75 lbs. Strange DA shocks Started at 6 EXT & 4 Comp.

Then added 2 click on Compression so we are at 6 & 6. Did not correct issue. Do I need more Tire psi. Race weight is 2k. The red line in the accel G meter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigdrive88,

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
What did you change? Is it bouncing 2 or more at the hit?. Had the same issue with a friends car (HT). Went from 5.5 to 6.5.. Gone. But i forgot to mention, he also went to a hard sidewall tire too.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
It did have a picture of the racepak log. It is right on the hit. I went from the 3191 tire back to the 3183 which I used to run. Have not changed anything else.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Malaby Racing
posted Hide Post
I just got my door car working this weekend, had the same issue. Go all the way loose on ext. and 1/2 to 3/4 tight on compression. Also dropped tire air pressure a little.

Been fighting this all year and now it is gone.

394L Super Pro / Super Gas

Malaby Racing

Posts: 265 | Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Right. I am thinking Tire Psi is the place to start.. Justin told to set them @ 4 & 5. My issue is I ran the 3183 all last year & the start of this year & never had this issue. The car as really not changed.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
what i see is hard tire spin at hit then hook then spin ect,more air should help ,stiffer shock ,less hit rpm ,and a few others

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Ok. Launch rpm is 4700. When You say stiffer shock are you talk extension or compression or both. If its hard spin would it need more bite maybe, Maybe softer on extension / stiffer on compression ?

quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
what i see is hard tire spin at hit then hook then spin ect,more air should help ,stiffer shock ,less hit rpm ,and a few others

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Stiffen rebound an compression damn near like a hard tail let it eat...oh an I hated that 3183 works for some though

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer2757
posted Hide Post
rusty knows..i ran 6.5-7 and shocks stiff on both sides.

Posts: 62 | Location: old hickory tn | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malaby Racing:
I just got my door car working this weekend, had the same issue. Go all the way loose on ext. and 1/2 to 3/4 tight on compression. Also dropped tire air pressure a little.

Been fighting this all year and now it is gone.

That approach works great managing the tire on a doorslammer on a tight track, however if you look at the bar spread on a 4 link dragster in comparison, it's slow reacting. I'd be running some pinion angle to get the rebound adjusters in play more so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Ok. Gonna be racing @ MDIR this weekend. Track should be tight since they are also having a Promod event. We will see what happens

quote:
Originally posted by dragracer2757:
rusty knows..i ran 6.5-7 and shocks stiff on both sides.