Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Don't be a dumb a-z-z like me!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't be a dumb a-z-z like me!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Turns out my rear end assembly skills were not lacking. What was lacking was a sufficient amount of gear lube in the housing.

I decided to use just a quart and a half of gear lube but today after installing the now repaired center section I did a visual inspection of the level of fluid. Yep, it actually takes nearly three quarts of fluid for a proper level. Two quarts just BARELY touched the ring gear at all.

The lesson here is practice due diligence and triple check everything you do.

I want to thank Robert Guy for helping me out with a new gear and of course my old friend Ray for helping me set this one up and last but not least ole Dirtdobber for urging me to check things.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 4538 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Vern you must of listened to Ed and tried to run only 1qt. Hopefully you got over 700 runs like he did.

Posts: 1032 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Vern, couldn't have listened to ED because Vern never called me nor PM me to discuss his issue nor ask my advice.

Further, ED has advised here...
quote:
Originally posted January 23, 2017 09:32 PM by 1320racer:
most run 2 quarts

quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
2 quarts,

quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
^^^^^^^^^^ What Ed said, and I'm most people I run two quarts

quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
2 qts

Last, I'm still running 1 quart in my Firebird and 2 quarts in my dragster and both R & P have over 600 passes on them.

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Support our country! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

Posts: 8113 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[IMG]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/meatballzantd/embed/slideshow/PattyBoysunoco">[/IMG]

Posts: 44 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I fill mine till it comes out of the check/fill hole in side of the center section. How much that takes is dependent on the axle housing.........

272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.73@195
Less Boost Than You Think

www.ftiperformance.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I fill mine till it comes out of the check/fill hole in side of the center section. How much that takes is dependent on the axle housing.........

And that is the proper way no matter what internet loser says.

Posts: 1151 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
^^^says the clueless NOBODY that ain't got shyt nor done shyt.

A club racer with the biggest POS competing in a class of 6 racers where a .100 bulb is killing it.

A LOSER that ain't ever competed in the Summit Series ET Finals, ain't ever competed in a big $ bracket race and ain't ever made a pass in a dragster no mind one that would need a wing.

Anytime you want to put your POS in the other lane, I'm easy to find!!

Loser Curly1

Now back on topic, I don't care what anyone does with their car, their time or their car. If Vern or anyone else want to fill their housing with gear oil until it's overflowing out of the fill hole, have at it however if they come here and ask in this forum for advice and opinion, I will reply based on first hand knowledge and experience gained over 25 years and over 5000 passes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 8113 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't see how he can type with his head up his A$$... What a ****-sucker...

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 649 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I been trying to tell you all, if you don't agree with him he attempts his best bully act with the name calling, insults, and BS.

This guy (Ed/1320 racer) has NO/Zero/nada experience winning races. He has a ton of experience being a D I C K. It is clearly his specialty. His Ego is far larger than his experience or his ability to communicate without insult.

Carry on.

Red Card

Posts: 1046 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Wrong

more self serving lies from those whose feelings are hurt by words and those who never lose a round and win every race they enter.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wish you would have just whooped his as while you were in New Joysey.
Spitting
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I been trying to tell you all, if you don't agree with him he attempts his best bully act with the name calling, insults, and BS.

This guy (Ed/1320 racer) has NO/Zero/nada experience winning races. He has a ton of experience being a D I C K. It is clearly his specialty. His Ego is far larger than his experience or his ability to communicate without insult.

Carry on.

Red Card

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 649 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

A LOSER that ain't ever competed in the Summit Series ET Finals, ain't ever competed in a big $ bracket race and ain't ever made a pass in a dragster no mind one that would need a wing.

Anytime you want to put your POS in the other lane, I'm easy to find!!

Loser Curly1

N.

When you pos stuff like that it clearly proves what liar you are.

I have made Summit Bracket Finals team every year since I got back in racing. Two of those years I made BOTH the IHRA and NHRA teams and went rounds. When my favorite IHRA track closed down I went to SHRA in addition to my normal NHRA and have done well there to.
This year I easily made the team at one of the more populated tracks in the Country with some of best racers in the Country.
Ed can not even make the team at Numedia with average of 21 racers in Pro ( look it up they have the points posted) and 27 in Super Pro.
Ed has not made the team in 3 Years! In 2015 he was only able to go as 2nd alternate. With maybe 60 racers can not make top 50? Loser! Our first points race we had over 350 big cars not including street or Juniors.
September 22-24 I will be racing Division 4 Bracket Finals again like I do every year. Where will Ed be? Loser will not be racing Bracket Finals I can tell you that. He did not make the team at his local duck pond. Maybe if little Eddie spent as much time learning to drive as he does worrying about me then he might go a round. I can not tell you how many rounds I will go at the Bracket Finals this year but it is a FACT I made the team like always and once again Ed, the LOSER did not.

As for lining up against Ed I will tell you like some of the local racers that race him told me. They LOVE racing Ed, it is like getting a competition Bye run. I would love to run him but I am not going to drive all the way across the country to beat the little loser. He does not mean anything to me or anyone else. There really is no big deal to beat loser like Ed. Everyone else does all the time. Just not a big deal.
As for my SHRA racing and my record it is a different challenge than regular Bracket racing and not as easy as it looks. Same there I like everyone else would have no problem lining up against a first round runner up like Ed. I won the Championship in 2015 and I did it by being able to run the number in various different tracks and weather. I earned it.
Ed can not make Duck Pond team. Loser.

Posts: 1151 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
must be true, read it on an internet message board from some nobody loser with a POS that can't prove any of his claims.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I usually try to stay out of quarrels. But what's a matter with you Ed? Attacking someone with no valid reason is just crazy. I have seen curly race and can throw a winning package on anybody. Winning any race no matter what class or series is tuff. As far as Torqin goes if they had a picture to define a winner his would be a good one to use. So please take this advice "If ya don't have anything nice to say please just don't say anything at all"

Jeff McClure

Posts: 128 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
you should have stayed out of it and anybody can put a winning package together against anybody at anytime even that LOSER with his POS in a class of 6-8 racers where a .100 light is killing the tree.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Curly how did you check the fluid level of the rear?

Posts: 623 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good luck in the bracket finals 1Ed. Team Numidia is lucky to have you.

Posts: 177 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe so just getting old to see the bashing and it goes both ways. This is a Racing info site. Now I enjoy joking around and can take it also but that is usually what good friends do amongst each other. It sure don't seem to friendly around here lately. I'm done saying my peace.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 128 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
again, you chose to reply to the bashing, not the op's issue therefore YOU are part of the problem not part of the solution.

Further, who started the bashing in this thread?

Further II, it's always the same few posters.

As already stated, you should have stayed out of it

Back to the OP who I've met and had breakfast with, along with his wife.

Vern, If you feel that your issue is the direct result of you following my advice in anyway, please send me the bill for parts and labor and I will reimburse you immediately as well please accept my apology.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

You Da Man

L8R, Mike

Posts: 13493 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post