New
Find
Notify
Tools

crew chief pro
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
took a few yrs off from racing went to use crew chief pro last week and its not talking to my weather station ( ALTA LABS) anyone else have something similar happen and what did you do to fix it

Posts: 406 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
your best bet is to call don,at very least do updates first

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
There could be three reasons it would not communicate:

1) is if you did not connect to correct port before you started Crew Chief Pro.

2) The date on the Altalab is off by more than five years

3) USB cable or 25 pin cable problems.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
hello Don I was playing around tonight you mentioned the date I see that the date on my crew chief if more than 5 yrs old is this what you are talking about version# 2017.0630.A1

Posts: 406 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Make sure the date is correct on your computer. Next reset the date on the Alta Lab using the Merlin software. As Don said, make sure you have it plugged in the correct port. Start Crew Chief Pro last. Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
bring back this old post still have no luck with getting this to work verified com port is correct I assume the cable is working properly as I am able to go into the weather station using merlin pro. anyone else have any ideas. I sent a few emails to CCP but have not got any response. does CCP expire?

both the date and times also match on the lab top and my Alta lab only thing I have noticed when in CCP and the weather screen the date on the bottom is off and also my version of CCP is 2017 could this be my problem and if so how do I correct this?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Call me direct then, 3092081486 and we will find out what is going on. The version number on Crew Chief Pro isn't the issue, even 25 year old versions work.

Call anytime, ( Up to 11 pm every night ).

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Did you get it working?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
don I will call you this week I need to do the update just been crazy busy. I got it up and working yes