DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Wilwood brake pads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilwood brake pads
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted
I noticed the other day I am about in need of changing the brake pads, and maybe the rotors on my car. It has Wilwoods all the way around, and I cant remember what pads I put it on it last time (it was 15+ years ago.)
It has a medium duty 4 piston kit on the front, and the standard drag kit on the back. The car weighs just under 3000 lbs with driver, runs primarily 1/8 mile around mid 6.20's when everything is "right".
I just looked on Jegs, and man, there are all sorts of choices now and I am a bit overwhelmed.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I went with the BP-20 smart pads,great first hit response, won't fade,and easy on rotors.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
After your response and some more research, that's what I ordered.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted Hide Post
I use Hawk AC-HPS100 on my Aerospace brakes....

Posts: 22 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I changed out my front and rear rotors on my Nova a couple years ago. The Wilwood replacement rotors were slightly larger in diameter and hit the calipers. According to Wilwood they were the correct replacements for my brake kit (mine was installed 15+ years ago as well). I did not have access to a lathe to cut the rotors down so I had to massage the inside of the calipers to make clearance for them fit.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 732 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post