DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shorty Glide Length
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shorty Glide Length
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have two shorties, one stock case with and ultra bell, other is a Reid case. Getting ready to measure for a driveshaft and found out the stock case trans is 1/4" longer. That seems like a big difference when I only have 1 1/2" max yoke engagement to start with. Anybofy else run acros this?

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have 2 shorty's

1 is a stock case and 1 is a Dedenbaer case

The Dedenbaer case is longer and when I swapped from stock case to aftermarket, I can barely get my drivehaft in.

Differeence is at least a 1/4"

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Running stock case with jw bell. Did not know there was difference,but glad you posted this. I was fixing to cut some extra off drive shaft to remove dead weight.Now I will allow some for future case swap,which is in plans.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post