DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    updates for old super stock car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

updates for old super stock car
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
We recently purchased an older super stock chevy II wagon. Was wondering if any one could tell me if there are updates allowed to the front end and it still be SS legal? Would love to put rack and pinion also do something with the old stock shock towers and springs. Have seen 1 car that they had put what appeared to be some type of conical spring w/ double adjustable shocks

Posts: 23 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what is SS legal anymore in the front end but my good friend had a coil over shock arrangement done by I think it was AutoFab in Md.

You can’t modify the towers but can do some things to improve the steering and caster bars.

You should visit ClassRacer website and ask there. You’d get some decent responses I’d bet.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not know what is legal but I sure do not like the original design of the Chevy 11 front ends. Not very strong or durable.

What year is your wagon? The 66-67 are some of nicest looking body style ever for a wagon.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3997 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tas472:
Was wondering if any one could tell me if there are updates allowed to the front end and it still be SS legal?

quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I do not know what is legal

The OP thanks you for your non contribution moron!

That said, ask over at Classrscer as Rich suggested and reach out to Shane Oakes who competes with this wagon in division 1.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by tas472:
Was wondering if any one could tell me if there are updates allowed to the front end and it still be SS legal?

quote:
I do not know what is legal

The OP thanks you for your non contribution moron!

That said, ask over at Classrscer as Rich suggested and reach out to Shane Oakes who competes with this wagon in division 1.

Eat excrement cum guzzling little alter boy. You had nothing good to add and only cum on here to start excrement with me. WTF? You still got a bad taste in your mouth and tender tooter Alter Boy?

I posted because I wanted to know what year model his car was. Like I have to explain it to you or that it is any of your business.

Typical first post on most threads that you do not start you cum on here to name call and ruin the thread.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3997 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tough talk from an Internet forum loser who ain’t done shyt nor got shyt worth talking about including the pay to play “girlfriends” sought from internet “dating” sites. Laughing very hard

You add NOTHING to this forum, you’re a clown, a stooge.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Been with about 100 Beautiful women and never once paid for it.

I do not talk about your wife, yet you talk about my girlfriends that you know nothing about. Not surprising you always talk out your tooter about things you know nothing about.

Still if you think it is okay to talk about my girlfriend do not get upset when I came back about your days as an Alter boy doing what you do.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Back on subject I would like to know what year your Chevy 11 is and how about some pictures?

My Chevy 11 has a Heidt front end.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Heidt front end and rack and pinion steering conversion's are not legal I would bet

A SS car have bars beyond the firewall and welded to the front to stiffen it up....

Your stuck with the stock type front end with some modifications like the coil over shock I mentioned.
Also the caster bar can be upgraded with good bushings and the steering can be modified to get rid of the hideous amount of camber change and bump steer.

There have been many guys racing those cars in SS and a couple sold the parts and info needed to help them

ClassRacer.....

My good friend had a '67 and it was a former Modified car....C/SM.....Horribe car to work on with those shock towers.....

I drove it and it always was a wheelie car and shook the tires when it came down......steering wheel doing the hokie pokey.....I did not like it one bit....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Heidt front end and rack and pinion steering conversion's are not legal I would bet

A SS car have bars beyond the firewall and welded to the front to stiffen it up....

Your stuck with the stock type front end with some modifications like the coil over shock I mentioned.
Also the caster bar can be upgraded with good bushings and the steering can be modified to get rid of the hideous amount of camber change and bump steer.

There have been many guys racing those cars in SS and a couple sold the parts and info needed to help them

ClassRacer.....

My good friend had a '67 and it was a former Modified car....C/SM.....Horribe car to work on with those shock towers.....

I drove it and it always was a wheelie car and shook the tires when it came down......steering wheel doing the hokie pokey.....I did not like it one bit....

The Heidt front end is not a good design for Drag racing anyway. Too stiff and not much travel. It is designed for street cars.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been with about 100 Beautiful women

I’ve seen your ex girlfriends loser, beautiful they ain’t, SKANKS they are!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Been with about 100 Beautiful women

I’ve seen your ex girlfriends loser, beautiful they ain’t, SKANKS they are!

Said the Little Alter boy who takes it in the tooter.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
SKANKS loser!!! Spitting

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ban him.^^^^^^

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ban him^^^^^^ adding nothing of relevance to the OP’s question, only replied to post his drivel!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
You call my girlfriend a Prostitute and you get mad and cry when I stand up to you?

You have mental issues little man.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I did something wrong in editing earlier.

For the op, I don't think R&P would be legal.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong on both loser

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whatever 1320!

Cool

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rack definetely not legal. Shock towers must be stock, may be trimmed for header clearance. Bolt on's like shocks and different springs are a-ok.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post