DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    NHRA Pov Politics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Pov Politics
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
I figure it was just a matter of time.

http://competitionplus.com/dra...LHGWHaqDyeDZWNYzzcp8

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/FTCyKulsGiI

Same exact policy as Goodyear. Top down dictates for a top down revolution.

NHRA is following orders

The nazis were just following orders too.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figure it was just a matter of time.

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Not sure you guys read the article. All it says is that the NHRA logo may not be used in conjunction with political messaging. It clearly states you can still have political candidates on your race car.

"NHRA confirmed if a team is legitimately sponsored by a candidate, with the candidates name and year of the election, it may remain on the car"

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Not sure you guys read the article. All it says is that the NHRA logo may not be used in conjunction with political messaging. It clearly states you can still have political candidates on your race car.

"NHRA confirmed if a team is legitimately sponsored by a candidate, with the candidates name and year of the election, it may remain on the car"

Yes but the size is very limited, and I imagine you have to prove sponsorship?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6384 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Decal size limited to 144 Sq In, (so basically 12x12), and placement on rear quarter panel only.
And would be excluded from exposure, (TV, ND, etc).
Wondering how long before they require a freaking BLM decal on every car & fire suit. SMDH.

The backlash is growing, large and fast, and all these idiot suits in the executive offices across corporate America are so blinded by the commie media that they can't see what is about to hit them.
Goodyear was just the tip of the iceberg.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The backlash is growing, large and fast....

I hope you're right but that's not what I saw going in 5 different places of business this morning. I do not wear a mouth diaper and was only challenged in 1 store, told them I don't wear a mask so they said I had to "social distance", OK. Although every store has signs posting it's a government requirement (city or state I'm not sure) to wear a mask. 99% of everyone else was wearing a mask or more. So within the general public I don't see any growing backlash, just willing compliance.

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

I hope you're right but that's not what I saw going in 5 different places of business this morning. I do not wear a mouth diaper and was only challenged in 1 store, told them I don't wear a mask so they said I had to "social distance", OK. Although every store has signs posting it's a government requirement (city or state I'm not sure) to wear a mask. 99% of everyone else was wearing a mask or more. So within the general public I don't see any growing backlash, just willing compliance.

I bet you were wearing a shirt and shoes like a damn sheep though!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3152 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

That's funny, but true! I guess we are all sheeple.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2523 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah but, I didn't fasten my seat belt a couple of times, so there! Spitting

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I just left the neighborhood convenience store, which has large signs on doors saying face coverings are mandatory to enter the store.
Neither of the 2 clerks working the counter had masks on, nor did 3 of the 5 customers in the store. But yeah, everyone was standing on their designated 6 feet apart tape strips... Roll Eyes

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
The NHRA rulebook states, 11:1 ADVERTISING AND OTHER MATERIAL/DISPLAYS

"NHRA reserves the right to regulate any advertising or other material that is present on site at any NHRA event including without limitation any material appearing on any participant, on the body or any other visible part of any vehicle or transporter participating in NHRA events including support vehicles, in any pit area, in any area of the dragstrip from the staging lanes to the end of the dragstrip, and any item or material on site that may constitute product placement. Participants and vehicles may be excluded from competition and from event facilities if, in NHRA's discretion, any advertising or other material displayed on a person, race or support vehicle, or in a pit area or otherwise is not in the best interests of NHRA and the sport of drag racing, and/or is or may be in conflict with any applicable law.

"Moreover, NHRA will require compliance with all guidelines and requirements of any telecaster for events that will be telecast. In addition, NHRA may require certain indicia to be visible on a vehicle as a condition of participation in competition if NHRA determines that such requirement is in the best interests of NHRA and the sport of drag racing.

"The NHRA logo or name may not be used in conjunction with political candidates."

NHRA confirmed if a team is legitimately sponsored by a candidate, with the candidates name and year of the election, it may remain on the car. However, NHRA said in the statement the vehicle will not be prominently featured/emphasized on television or in other content, per broadcast standards and practices. Decal size will be limited to 144 square inches on a race vehicle and 48 square inches on a motorcycle. Location will be limited to the rear quarter panel of a race car, outside for the drivers compartment of a dragster and wheelie bar side shields on a motorcycle.

The memo also detailed a driver could be disqualified from competition.

"If a matter is deemed by NHRA not to be in the best interests of NHRA and the sport of drag racing, then NHRA will not allow such matter to be displayed or advertised on-site or in connection with NHRA in any manner whatsoever. NHRA, in its sole and absolute discretion, may take any action, up to and including disqualification of a driver, for violation of this rule.

"By way of illustration and without limitation, online gambling is an activity deemed by NHRA to be not in the best interests of NHRA and the sport of drag racing, and an activity that NHRA will not allow to be displayed or advertised on site at any NHRA event or in connection with NHRA in any manner whatsoever. Websites that allow gaming that is entirely free and for fun may be permitted pursuant to further guidelines that may be requested from NHRA. Violation of any part of any such guideline will be treated as violation of the NHRA Rulebook."

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
bo could just get a facemask,

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Good for NHRA . I go to the race track for a escape from political bullsnitz .... Leave your agendas at the gate and lets race .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Good for NHRA . I go to the race track for a escape from political bullsnitz .... Leave your agendas at the gate and lets race .

X1000

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:

I agree, but they will allow BLM, I'm certain.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post