DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    250 Baby Blowers and torque Converters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

250 Baby Blowers and torque Converters
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nitrous1...I have nearly the same setup as you with the exception it hasn't been ran yet. What did your combo run prior to the blower?

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thurston:

The Oakley 250 combo, wether it a 632 or 582 they but the APD 1600 cfm alcohol carb on. Mine I believe is a 3 circuit and I'm told the APD air bleeds configuration is totally different than anybody's else. Can some tell me which position the Idle, Midrange and Hi-Speed air bleeds are on this carb.

your air bleed setup is as follows

from the center (vent tube) they go outwards in this order ..

high speed
idle
intermediate

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
Nitrous1...I have nearly the same setup as you with the exception it hasn't been ran yet. What did your combo run prior to the blower?

Ran 5.30s in a 2500 pound car with a alky carb. Probably run 4.90s in a dragster. It has a terminator on it now

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul, I did finally get hold of APD and which gave me the same information. And you are correct about the carb Oakley uses.

The Oakley 250 combo, wether it a 632 or 582 they but the APD 1600 cfm alcohol carb on. Mine I believe is a 3 circuit and I'm told the APD air bleeds configuration is totally different than anybody's else. Can some tell me which position the Idle, Midrange and Hi-Speed air bleeds are on this carb.[/QUOTE]

your air bleed setup is as follows

from the center (vent tube) they go outwards in this order ..

high speed
idle
intermediate[/QUOTE]

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nitrous1,

Is that aluminum block or iron? How heavy is the car?

Posts: 374 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
Nitrous1,

Is that aluminum block or iron? How heavy is the car?

Iron 9.8" New combo haven't weighted it. I'm guessing 2100ish. shipping weight was 110 pounds. Was 2000 pounds even with a 10.2" 598"

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nitrous 1,

Yeah 9.8 vs. 10.2 in iron I believe to be around 40 lbs give or take 5 lbs or so. That puts you right where i'm at. We are exactly the same (2000 lbs with driver) pre-blower but i kept the tall deck and added the 250 blower.

I'm considering another blower build with conventional heads 380. Did you build the 555/565 specific for your small blower build? I was considering going 598 to keep it the same as the one in my son's car, but if a 0.250" stroke deal 540/555/565 gets it done, I may go back to the low deck world.

Posts: 374 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
Nitrous 1,

Yeah 9.8 vs. 10.2 in iron I believe to be around 40 lbs give or take 5 lbs or so. That puts you right where i'm at. We are exactly the same (2000 lbs with driver) pre-blower but i kept the tall deck and added the 250 blower.

I'm considering another blower build with conventional heads 380. Did you build the 555/565 specific for your small blower build? I was considering going 598 to keep it the same as the one in my son's car, but if a 0.250" stroke deal 540/555/565 gets it done, I may go back to the low deck world.

Literally bolted it on. Didnt touch the motor. I still have the 598 ran 4.70s. probably 75HP better then the 565.

The 598 may get the blower in the future. Just wasnt sure about the Manley Crank and Compstar I beam rods at this power level. the 565 has Callies and BME stuff