DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Weather pak tool?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather pak tool?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Does anyone have a part#/link to a tool or tools to remove the pins from a weather pak connector? Need to remove both male and female pins. I have new pins but would like to save a few new housings that I cut off of some stuff after I changed my mind on a few things.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I get my connectors and tools from Waytek. Here is a link for the tool.
https://www.waytekwire.com/ite...rminal-Removal-Tool/

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you are talking the round style it is NAPA part # 725153.

Posts: 607 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look up "Lisle 57750 Wire Terminal Tool Kit" it has all 3 tools in it. Just checked and it does not have the green tool in it....You might need that one also...

Posts: 26 | Location: sw Ohio | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://shop.advanceautoparts....ool-56500/10550507-P

I keep this one with my weatherpak stuff. It works very well on a few different style connectors.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think I will pick up that lisle tool. I already have the yellow one shown and have not had much luck with it. I have gotten maybe two male pine removed but no females. It appears to be too short to release the pins .

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I have the summit weather pack kit and got the 4 piece tool kit from them as well.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
A piece of 1/8" thin wall tubing works well if you only intend to salvage the connector and you will be using new terminals.

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
The yellow one like the one posted from Waytek is by far the best one to release them. Push in on the wire and down on the tool and your good to go.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I picked up a new version of the yellow handle tool that is longer than the first one I bought. New one worked perfectly. Yes just trying to salvage connectors, I have a refill kit with plenty of pins and seals.