DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak UDX problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak UDX problems
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted
Idling in staging and the engine temp starts jumping around, then it settles down and is normal. Next pass idling in staging, the tach does the same thing, then its fine. Checked all of the connections and see no problem. All grounds are good.

Has anyone seen this?

This dash was fresh two years ago.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Junk I’ve sent mine in 5 times at least an have to beat on screen now to get oil pressure to quit jumping around...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
Try taking it out of the car and tighten all the little screw's on the back a little. I did that on one that the oil pressure would jump around until i smacked the screen and it would stop. That cured the problem.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Had that same issue. Took connector off back of gage and tightened (closed up a little) all of the female terminals inside the multi pin connector. Working fine ever since, except for the back lighting, thats a whole other issue!

Posts: 249 | Location: Loxahatchee | Registered: March 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, sounds like there is hope, I will mess with the connectors and screws.

Only one more chance this year to test it. The forecast is 40 and snow/rain mix for Saturday and not much better on Sunday. Might not find out if its fixed until May.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom H,

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post