DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Freightliner Columbia, freedomline 12 speed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freightliner Columbia, freedomline 12 speed
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
does anyone on here have one of these and know what the "normal " operating temperature range of these transmissions should be?

Trying to diagnose an issue.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Will, It should be about the same as the Allison.
With the coolers. About 200ish. I talked to one of my friends that does the Allisons. He stated the same, about 200 or so. He has worked on the 12's also.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Showtime296
posted Hide Post
Mine runs just under engine operating temp. Of course this is dependent on load. Flat land highway 160ish. What kind of issues you trying to fix?

Performance Glass
Meziere
Chassis Engineering
FTI converters

Posts: 258 | Location: Eattin' a Sammich | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
^^^^same here.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ours is showing 110 on the gauge. If it hoes over 120 is kicks into a safe mode and locks it in gear. I have a feeling the sensor is giving false info to the computer and shutting it down. Freightliner has it now and keeps ignoring what I'm telling them and hunting in the wrong place I believe. After some "discussion" they are covering it under warranty, so I guess they can replace whatever they want till its fixed lol

Thanks guys, you confirmed what I thought should be "normal" temps

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
120 is nothing, 160-200 is normal operating temp for mine depending on ambient outside temp.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post