DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mounting Tuff Paw Organizers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting Tuff Paw Organizers
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Ok could be Pit Pal too. I have a door organizer that I have had up as long as I have had the trailer. Illinois roads and a hard closing of the door dismounted it. Fortunately car was not in there!

What is the best way you guys have found to securely mount these to the door? It's an older Haulmark trailer.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6389 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Are you talking the one that sits on the door and has the towel piece along with 2 compartments? I tool mine off. I think my door has some sort of inserts in it. Reason for it coming off was it was always looking for a fight with bodily injury and i don't drink either lol...

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I agree, don’t mount it on the door unless you race a car that requires lots of maintenance every round. Mine is inside the trailer and has the triangle mount for my fuel funnel on it also. Works great like that!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well another advantage is that the door will sag less if it doesn’t have that mounted. I don’t think I have any wall space though lol

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6389 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NUTSERTS..

Posts: 1256 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
NUTSERTS..

Just into the wall coverings?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
NUTSERTS..

Just into the wall coverings?

I’m Gonna try that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Yours on 16" centers? On mine i was going to put up 2 more small cabinets. I don't know how and where the electric is plumed. I thought maybe a pilot hole, then use my lighted bore scope.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes I think so. Much of the 12 v wiring is under the diagonal panel between the wall and ceiling. 120v is trickier.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't think the side door has much inside of it, I believe it's wood fame inside and not very thick. The doors are very flimsy. The walls have the fence post studs usually 16" but the center is whe part the outer skin attaches to. If you can look at the inner screws or pull a lower piece of trim you can see how the studs are oriented. Might be able to look from underneath as the walls are hollow.

Posts: 1453 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
I used a half dozen self-tapping hex headed screws. My trailer door (20 year piece) has two metal studs in it but they're not 16" on center - just had to locate them. Three screws - top, middle and bottom - in each stud keeps it on there solidly. I like it on the door so I mostly keep spray cans of stuff I use frequently and a few tools - screwdrivers, spark plug stuff, wire ties, etc. Nice when you're in a rush. I also use the side of it to hold the extension pole for the Acurite weather station. A couple of 1/4" bolts and wingnuts does the trick. I gave up on the paper towel stuff and use a couple of cheap plastic spring clips to hold old kitchen hand towels on the bar.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I just drilled all the way thru the door and used Stainless carriage bolts. The 4 smooth SS heads on the outside look just fine and hasn't fell off since.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I can't mount anything on my door, it's more of an rv type door. I just mount it all inside. For my tools, I have them in a rolling cart that's tied down. If I need something more, I have a folding table I can set up to put stuff on...I'll roll the cart out if needed.....

I'm not big on drilling holes in stuff unless there's no way around it...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post