DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    dragster front tires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dragster front tires
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted
Does anyone run these front tires from S&W?
I have zero idea about the speed rating on them.
Heck of a lot cheaper than name brands.
https://swracecars.com/product/dragster-front-tire/

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Those would be a rare sighting I think.

I think they would make good spares.

Telling you upfront that they need tubes should be an indication that you are getting $41.00 worth of tire.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes use to run them I think (not sure) they are scooter tires the speed rating is not real high.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been running them for years on,they do not shake,they do not go flat,my car runs 150.00 at 1/8 mile, I have been 185.00 at 1/4 a couple of times,no problems ever

Brad

Posts: 241 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Same as Brad, been running them for years. No issues for me either. The only thing I don’t like about them is if it’s been raining they tend to throw up a little more water than the slick fronts do. Other than that they have been great.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Same as Brad, been running them for years. No issues for me either. The only thing I don’t like about them is if it’s been raining they tend to throw up a little more water than the slick fronts do. Other than that they have been great.

Cash,
You running the tubes?

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You do want to run tubes

Brad

Posts: 241 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes, I’m running the tubes. That’s another nice thing, they don’t go flat between races.

One quick note, you will need to drill out the holes in your wheel to fit the stem. Don’t worry, if you decide to go back to the tubeless style you can tap the hole for a screw in valve stem.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
If you get a motorcycle tire tube, you won't have to drill the valve stem hole...the stems on those are small enough to fit. Thats what I ran on my old car since they wouldn't hold air at all.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply guys. I was kinda of expecting to get roasted for asking this. lol

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Moped tires....made in China

Flimsy as can be compared to any regular racing front tire...

My car had them on it and I took them off and I don't care who uses them....I'm not.

Regular fronts are very well made and very difficult to mount...…very substantial tires...

The moped tires are far more flimsy than the KEVLAR belted tires I have on my bicycle....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Lots of guys seem to use them and have pretty good results, but real Hoosier / Goodyear/ MT front tires would have to get a lot more expensive before I would consider going 185mph on chinese moped tires.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
That's where I am at on them, many have used them with no problems in fact have never really heard of anyone having a problem with them. But I would not feel safe with them.

Right now I am tossing around the idea of running motorcycle tires on the front of my new altered. It has brakes and I do not like the fat funny car style tires it has now but with brakes really do not want to use the dragster skinnies. I am thinking the good motorcycle tires are rated for very high speeds and heavy duty enough for the weight.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was dumb for awhile an run them....one thing they definitely do is throw up sand,grit whatever you want to call it at tracks that are sandy...it’s was pretty bad about it

Posts: 1256 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I ran them for years, never had a problem. I currently run Michelin Gazelles (for about 3 years now).

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've always ran Hoosier or Mickey Thompson fronts. I've seen a lot of people switching to the Michelin scooter fronts. They all seem to like them. My only concern is the speed rating and tubes.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
RAN THEM ON MY DRAGSTER ,OLDER BROTHER USES THEM ON HIS DRAGSTER , YOUNGER BROTHER USES THEM ON HIS ALTERD NO ISSUES FOR YEARS OPINIONS ARE LIKE A-HOLES EVERY ONE HAS ONE SOME OF YA SOUND LIKE ED

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
No offense to those either selling, or using these "bargain" priced tires but; having a race car that runs 140+ mph at the 1/8th or approaching 180 mph at the 1/4 mile stripe, steering tires is NOT where I'd choose to cut cost...

Everyone is entitled to their different perspective though...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know you all say you have not had any trouble I did picked up a small piece of metal at a race between rounds hole in tube. At least with a tubeless tire you could plug it.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post