DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    82 Camaro fiberglass front end??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

82 Camaro fiberglass front end??
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted
Who has the nicest one piece front clip? Is there anything I should know before I buy one? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How about the quality and fit for any fiberglass front clip?

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things about GlassTek

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bruce69camaro
posted Hide Post
I've seen a front end for a 69/70 Nova, made by VFN.
Quality looked real nice and he said the fit up was pretty decent too.

Posts: 208 | Location: PA | Registered: August 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Here is some good info about your question ....

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...997005976#2997005976

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the full fiber glass body from vfn on my 82. It is very light but doesn't hold up to hitting timing blocks. I can remove the front end without help. The shop that mounted the body did an excellent job. I think any glass or carbon fiber panels you get will have to be trimmed to fit.

My 67 camaro has a glasstek hood and front end. Both are very heavy and it takes 2 people to remove the front end.

Posts: 12 | Location: Texas  | Registered: October 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post