New
Find
Notify
Tools

setup help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Now that I have my fuel system issues behind me and while I continue to work some other bugs, I'd like to solicit some help for suspension setup. I'm running BMR drag springs all around, Strange single adjustable front struts set full soft and Vkiking double adjustable shocks in the rear set to 4 on compression and 7 on rebound if memory serves. Watch the video but it looks to me like the car squats and unloads to quickly. More rebound? More compression? Does anyone have a good reference book that that I can buy? The car worked great with 1/2 the horsepower.. HMMMM LOL

Video

Posts: 71 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good looking car, good work.

Looks like ya need to slow the front end down a little and tighten the compression on the rear. Might need a hair more anti-squat in the bars as well.

What is this a 3 link suspension? Isn't that what this year Mustang came with from the factory?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The bars might need to be a hair more towards neutral, from the looks of it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Looks like ya need to slow the front end down a little and tighten the compression on the rear. Might need a hair more anti-squat in the bars as well.

What is this a 3 link suspension? Isn't that what this year Mustang came with from the factory?

Thank you for the compliment. This is a factory 3 link setup with all aftermarket bars and links. I have the lower bars setup currently with the least amount of anti-squat (I could remove the relocation brackets and reduce the antiquat even more but I'm not sure that would be the right direction). I can increase the antisquat and slow down the front struts a bit. I've had issues in the past with these struts holding a setting. the adjusting knob always seems to back out regardless of where I set it. I'll reach out to Strange about this.

Appreciate the tips.

Posts: 71 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSRacing:
quote:

Thank you for the compliment. This is a factory 3 link setup with all aftermarket bars and links. I have the lower bars setup currently with the least amount of anti-squat (I could remove the relocation brackets and reduce the antiquat even more but I'm not sure that would be the right direction). I can increase the antisquat and slow down the front struts a bit. I've had issues in the past with these struts holding a setting. the adjusting knob always seems to back out regardless of where I set it. I'll reach out to Strange about this.

Appreciate the tips.

From the looks of it, I'd definitely say it could use a little less squat, or in other words a hair more anti-squat. Bring the bars closer to neutral, and slow the front end a hair.

Wheel speed in the beginning is hurting your 60ft momentum a little.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Appreciate the tips.

From the looks of it, I'd definitely say it could use a little less squat, or in other words a hair more anti-squat. Bring the bars closer to neutral, and slow the front end a hair.

60' on the run in the video was 1.4x whereas the car is usually 1.2x so it is hurting the 60' more than a little. Wink

thanks again.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Appreciate the tips.

60' on the run in the video was 1.4x whereas the car is usually 1.2x so it is hurting the 60' more than a little. Wink

thanks again.

In good conditions it may go that now dunno, here in Florida blazing hot, slowest time of the year. I'm fairly sure it's the same anywhere you go.