DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Domestic content rotating assemblies / parts
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Domestic content rotating assemblies / parts
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Buy a billet pump for it, don't trip over dimes to save a penny.

I took the same approach to the offshoring of the American economy, with Lunati in 2007.

Lunati Pro crank and rods 3.875 stroke 4.165 bore. 421

Assembled this one and another for a guy I race with identical, only 434, in the same week.

I tried one of those pumps and ended up throwing away after trying everything to get it to work. The pump is mounted to far back so the oil rolls forward after lifting. I built a pan that worked best with baffles and steps. Then had Stef's build me a pan. Ended up with a Moroso billet pump that I was able to machine shorter. Going dry sump this year.

Any billet pump will do the OP, as long as it has no pickup to fall off.

I run a 5 quart pan with 30wt. Any time the oil pressure drops in shutdown only means it's short a quart of oil.

No dipstick for checking oil level necessary.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Straight STP oil treatment for oil, takes a little longer to make it back to the pan.

Try some 30wt. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MOTORSPORTS UNLIMITED
posted Hide Post
Eagle 8 counter finished in Indiana tolerances as good as the Scat.

[/QUOTE]
Good looking piece.

Posts: 36 | Location: Terre Haute IN | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and both chinese junk!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOTORSPORTS UNLIMITED:
Eagle 8 counter finished in Indiana tolerances as good as the Scat.

Good looking piece.[/QUOTE]

Very, Thanks again for your efforts Sir.