DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    driving lights dragster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

driving lights dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wonder what you fellas are using for driving lights on dragsters.loooking for small,LITE and can be mounted to A-arms. Probably have to use some sort of LED to get decent light from small package.

Have some turn signal lights off Harley that I can get LED piece for.Man these little things are heavy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of LittleRiver
posted Hide Post
One 11 dollar 18watt work light does it for me.
Lights up the return row about 45 to 50 foot but i'm not killing it coming back down either.

Mounted it on the bar, used a hose clamp. Simple switch. I just never liked the look of the round headlights on the front wheel bars.

Posts: 11 | Location: Elizabeth City/Nixonton NC | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Too each their on...

Posts: 1257 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
There are many choices on EBay under 12v LED lights. Also Northern tools has some that would work well for that.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put these on the bottom of my spindle mounts. Work flawlessly.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of qwik-tripp
posted Hide Post
NC3x58, they are the light I have and they are great. Easy to mount and low draw.

Posts: 20 | Location: maryland | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rapid99
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Agree with NC3x58 & qwik-tripp Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would like to bring this topic back up and see what others are using now. Looking for a set for my dragster want powerful enough to light up return roads which are often very dark. Also want light weight and small size.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just bought some at Autozone. They mount on the front A-arms. Work just fine and didn't cost that much.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I just bought some at Autozone. They mount on the front A-arms. Work just fine and didn't cost that much.

Yea I got mine at Oriellys

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I got mine at Walmart for $12. I was skeptical at first, but they have been on the car for 2 seasons and show no signs of quitting. They are compact, nice looking, and very bright. I'd probably buy them again if I had to.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Too each their on...

True story

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just never liked the look of the round headlights on the front wheel bars.

Really!!! I agree. To each their own X1000

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post