DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster ride height
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster ride height
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
4 Link dragster, Measuring from the bottom of the midplate to the floor, what do you like to see the ride height at with the driver in the car?

I was told about 4.5 inches, just seems awful high to me but thats why I am asking

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Steve don’t be an ask hole,lol

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Moe that’s not being neighborly .....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Steve don’t be an ask hole,lol

Moe your a weight challenged guy like me, whats yours at?

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If running the BIG tires I run 4 3/4 at mid plate but from bottom of bar....not mid plate...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
American dragsters are measured from mid plate and are 4.5 but thats a single shock swing arm car

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
We run our Americans at 4.25, mainly because I like a little more bottom bar angle.

Remember this is with the driver weight in the car.

SL...

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My American car is setup. with the following. Again it is a single shock swing arm.

ground to the lower bolt at the back of the four link- 7 1/4"
ground to front lower bolt- 6 3/4"
ground to the bottom of the midplate in-between- 4 3/8" to 4 1/2"
pinion angle - negative 1.5 degrees

That's with the driver in the car.

hope this helps.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post