DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Valve spring open pressure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valve spring open pressure
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted
I was checking my valve springs for open pressure and come up with 1000 lbs open with 380 on the seat ! I was never able to do this before because my old tester only went to 600 lbs ! My question is about normal for open pressure ? The spings are PSI 1248 .

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yep, same spring I run..

spec...
Seat: 375 lbs @ 2.100″
Open: 1045 lbs @ 1.200″

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill masiello:
I was checking my valve springs for open pressure and come up with 1000 lbs open with 380 on the seat ! I was never able to do this before because my old tester only went to 600 lbs ! My question is about normal for open pressure ? The spings are PSI 1248 .

Bill

Simple, If those are PAC's the spring rate is 687 lbs/inch. So if you got 380 on the seat you should get that 1000 lbs at just about .900" lift.

(0.900 x 687) + 380 = 998 lbs

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys ! First time I had a tester that would go high enough to check open pressure ! See you two at the track soon I hope !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Can't come soon enough Bill

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks guys ! First time I had a tester that would go high enough to check open pressure ! See you two at the track soon I hope !

Bill

Your gonna see me at the track with a sausage pepper sub (no onions) that Ed bought me! Big Grin

And I want pictures too.

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Me too

eating a philly steak and cheese, no onions now in NYC.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Me too

eating a philly steak and cheese, no onions now in NYC.

Ed,

With A1 sauce too??? That's better than sausage/peppers.. I put that s h I t on everything! LOL

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Never liked A1, my father did. No sauce on this sandwich

DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
Al I remember that sandwich ! Ed couldn't find you so I ate it !

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al I remember that sandwich ! Ed couldn't find you so I ate it !

Bill

You had to feed the animals! Razz

BTW, How's BJ doing, gonna make it out this year with the new combo?