DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16 volts, how low is too low
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 volts, how low is too low
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just wondering what kind of average voltage you guys are seeing on your racepak for a 16 volt no alternator system?

Posts: 8 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
15.5,sometimes higher no lower than 15

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm getting down to 15.3, no issues yet except when charging. The amp meter starts at 20, falls to 15 instantly, slowly goes to 5, then starts coming back up. When it hits 10 on the way up, battery starts getting hot.

Posts: 8 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Battery getting hot regardless of what voltage it is usually indication of bad battery, shorted plates or such. I never see my amps go back up after they come down.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
19.2 volts on the Racepak it’s like that for 3 years same battery

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mxx68:
19.2 volts on the Racepak it’s like that for 3 years same battery

quote:
Originally posted by Headgames:
for a 16 volt no alternator system?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post