DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer Tires Again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer Tires Again
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
It's time to replace the tires on my forty eight foot living quarter trailer. I'm getting mixed advice. One group says use LT tires which I have used for years while others say ST because the quality has been improved and are designed for the pivoting trailers do. Opinions vary on brand as well. One dealer says Towmaster, another says Kumho, and another says Gladiator. As far as LT tires the consensus seems to be Firestones.235 r85 16 G rated is my preference for size. Any real world observations or experiences would be helpful. Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rarmbruster0001,

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Size would help...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Goodyear g614 or Firestone transforce if 16”

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
I second the Goodyear G614 tires, have had them on a 50' LG trailer with no problems and now on a 44' stacker. they are pricey but well worth it imo its way better that ripping your trailer up with blowouts!

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buck2248:
I second the Goodyear G614 tires, have had them on a 50' LG trailer with no problems and now on a 44' stacker. they are pricey but well worth it imo its way better that ripping your trailer up with blowouts!

^^These and this^^

Goodyear is making an Endurance in that size, and we run them on our smaller trailers with great luck, but not sure about the bigger trailers with big payloads.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roger McGinnis,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bludog331
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with that Firestone IMO.

Looking for a good used 177 Weiand for a SBC

Posts: 24 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
If you decide to go with a ST tire, the RV world seems to be very happy with the Saliun brand tire. I have no experience with them, just passing along what the RV boards seem to like.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
If you decide to go with a ST tire, the RV world seems to be very happy with the Saliun brand tire. I have no experience with them, just passing along what the RV boards seem to like.

I just put these on my stacker. 4000+# each. I like them. Seem like a good tire.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Mike,
How are the Sailun tires holding up?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Most of the guys i know with big RV trailers run
the Salium. Pretty happy. Have not heard any complaints. Also Toad is a member here. Talk to him on the Tow Masters.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
When you say Big Rig RV trailers, you mean stackers?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
No. 3 axle high end RV's. Big money units. In the spring i am possibly headed with the 15' TowMaster. I have no room at all for a 16 on my
44' junk.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info TD!

Rob Robertson

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Mike,

Still holding air, no tread wear, and round. I guess they are doing what they are supposed to. I would buy them again.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
Michelin RIBS

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Goodyear g614 or Firestone transforce if 16”

X2

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Mike,

Still holding air, no tread wear, and round. I guess they are doing what they are supposed to. I would buy them again.

That’s all I needed to hear!

Rob Robertson

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Firestone transforce on my 48 gooseneck living quarter trailer. Haul a dragster and superstreet on the 235X85X16 E rated tire.

Posts: 8 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Thanks Headgames

Rob Robertson

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Goodyear Endurance 235/80-16 load range E, OEM equipment on my 34 foot Intech trailer that’s 14,000+ lbs. going down the road with my dragster, Firebird, golf cart and scooter. Just replaced them back in September with a new set after 4 years without issue.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post