DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    transbrake lockout queston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

transbrake lockout queston
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone know of, or currently use, a time-interrupter for a transbrake similar to those inside a delay box?
I have a hi-low transbrake and never really worried about this when I was just using a low gear brake. However, if other people are going to be driving my car, I'd feel safer if it had a transbrake lockout, especially with it being able to activate in high gear. This is for racing bottom bulb.

Posts: 2 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I don't think you will find a device that meets no-box rules to the letter....people get funny with anything hooked between the button and the solenoid.
That said, an approved t-brake button that has to be armed, like a Trans Trigger sort of thing, or a simple spring loaded safety lid over your current button to prevent accidental apply??

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1596 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Is the button on the wheel? Move the button so it's very hard to hit accidentally.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Make it a two button system. The chances of depressing two buttons at once on accident are very very slim.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
Make it a two button system. The chances of depressing two buttons at once on accident are very very slim.

This!!!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post