Bracket Talk
transbrake lockout queston

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/1767075086

March 19, 2018, 04:06 PM
TCHS Warrior
transbrake lockout queston
Anyone know of, or currently use, a time-interrupter for a transbrake similar to those inside a delay box?
I have a hi-low transbrake and never really worried about this when I was just using a low gear brake. However, if other people are going to be driving my car, I'd feel safer if it had a transbrake lockout, especially with it being able to activate in high gear. This is for racing bottom bulb.
March 19, 2018, 06:25 PM
Goob
I don't think you will find a device that meets no-box rules to the letter....people get funny with anything hooked between the button and the solenoid.
That said, an approved t-brake button that has to be armed, like a Trans Trigger sort of thing, or a simple spring loaded safety lid over your current button to prevent accidental apply??

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
March 19, 2018, 08:33 PM
Eman
Is the button on the wheel? Move the button so it's very hard to hit accidentally.
March 19, 2018, 10:28 PM
27Keith
Make it a two button system. The chances of depressing two buttons at once on accident are very very slim.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner
March 20, 2018, 10:28 AM
Lenny5160
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
Make it a two button system. The chances of depressing two buttons at once on accident are very very slim.

This!!!

Tony Leonard