DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ET Prediction Crew Chief Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ET Prediction Crew Chief Pro
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted
Thinking of getting a Prediction Software set up. My question is If I have 2 or 3 cars, SC,SG,SST do I need the team version or can I just use the regular version. Also I realize I could just call them and ask this but Im also looking for racer feedback.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
https://www.ifamilysoftware.com/

no "team" $250 license fee, No yearly renewal fee, no bs!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
You can get by without the team version if only one car/class is in the lanes at one time. But if you want multiple cars paged at the same time, I would get the team license. We run super comp and super gas, and its rare that we're both in the lanes at the same time, but it does happen. So the team license comes in very handy.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We run SST and SC and our iFamily software is setup to page for both cars at the same time for no extra cost.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Not interested iFamily Software so lets just move on from that.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
Thinking of getting a Prediction Software set up. My question is If I have 2 or 3 cars, SC,SG,SST do I need the team version or can I just use the regular version. Also I realize I could just call them and ask this but Im also looking for racer feedback.

With Crewchief you can setup different data bases so one version works, just as you can use it for ET 1/4 or 1/8 racing.

All the software out there these days seams to be decent but you still can't replace experience.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same with iFamily

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
We use Computec race air cloud weather station and Crew chief pro prediction software. We have a mini PC installed in the trailer. My son who is a IT tech by trade uses Team viewer to log into the trailer computer from the lanes using his phone. No paging and no paging fee required.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Mike’s post was spot-on. I run SST and SC, and since I’m the only driver I can only be in the lanes with one car at a time. No team license required.

It might come in handy when we’re bracket racing and the juniors are in the lanes at the same time as me, but I typically don’t use the pager (or the predictions) while bracket racing.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I use Crew Chief Pro with texting instead of a pager. The problem I have with paging is you are limited to the range of the antenna to broadcast to the pager. I leave my MiFi on in my trailer and it texts me prediction to my phone at whatever intervals I set up.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No issue ever getting paged from my Altronics weather station

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No issue ever getting paged from my Altronics weather station

We have one track that we race at in Boise that I had that issue. Also at the National event in Seattle, we always get parked way out on the road course. No way the pager works from that distance, texting doesn't rely on an antenna but you do need internet.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I use Crew Chief Pro with texting instead of a pager. The problem I have with paging is you are limited to the range of the antenna to broadcast to the pager. I leave my MiFi on in my trailer and it texts me prediction to my phone at whatever intervals I set up.

What is mifi

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

What is mifi

It's a mobile hotspot. I have one that I use for my business that is added to my Verizon account. It only cost me $20 more per month..

This is the one I have

https://www.verizon.com/sales/...productid=dev5120014

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
As others have stated, team license isn't required for your purpose.

I like to really study the Crew Chief Pro screen before I go up, adjust 60 foots, or let Crew Chief Pro do that for me. You can do all that without the team license.

Team license really only necessary when you have two to five cars in one class. Even with the team license you have the ability to test certain variables as well.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1320wannaberacer just doesn’t get it.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post