DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    House of payne big dawg starter size question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of payne big dawg starter size question
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Hoping some one has one laying around as back up so I can get few dimensions. Need to know overall length,Diameter. Distance from center of drive gear to left edge if you are facing drive or on BBC would be block side.

Have super tight fit and trying to decide if this is way to go or will it require butt load of mods. Doesn't everything?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wide, Mark is a good guy and easy to talk with. Leave a message, he will get back to you.

And check your PM

http://houseofpayneperformance.com/

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sent email and called.Message is they are off for week for 4th.How dare them take vacation when I have a question.LOL

Will probably have to wait,just never been my strong suit.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of RTsr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Hoping some one has one laying around as back up so I can get few dimensions. Need to know overall length,Diameter. Distance from center of drive gear to left edge if you are facing drive or on BBC would be block side.

Have super tight fit and trying to decide if this is way to go or will it require butt load of mods. Doesn't everything?

Premium Starter Super Duty

$358.00

Add to cart
Category: Starters

• Description
• Additional information

Additional information

Weight
13.00 lbs

Dimensions
10 x 8 x 8 in

RT
An "old" racer turned pit crew.

Posts: 11 | Location: ON Canada | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
The ultimate big dawg 139 has 33% more power. Not that one I have doesn't spin motor quick enough with new 16v battery.Just would like extra in case of.

If ultimate big dawg 139 just will not fit I will go with big dawg 139.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If it will fit you will like it

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I will be at piedmont this weekend and have a spare in my trailer. Running SG and work with Mark.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I responded to your PM.

I know there have been updates to the mounting blocks for the UBD to provide more clearance on the block side. Mine has this update.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
I will be at piedmont this weekend and have a spare in my trailer. Running SG and work with Mark.

I amy run down there and check it out for cpl minutes. TOO DANG hot to stay long.LOL You driving car in avatar? Name or anything on trailer to look for?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Chris, I switched to the 139 ultimate big dawg this year, it spins the engine faster than my Meziere did, not that it was a problem. Both are on 16v.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:

I amy run down there and check it out for cpl minutes. TOO DANG hot to stay long.LOL You driving car in avatar? Name or anything on trailer to look for?

Yes car is in avatar and has Big Bawg 139 on the door it will be parked at the white trailer with a motorhome shouldn’t be too hard to find

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's right Mop...white trailer with MH shouldn't be hard to find.

ep-the Big Dawg will spin it like the plugs are out Wide

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Just another white trailer?

Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Dang it Bender I resisted that and here you have gone and done it.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I’m at the track parked outside before the gate you pay at on the right as you come in white trailer

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Will try to get down in morning .Hopefully you guys will get race off ,mother nature is not playing nice,but farmers are happy.

DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post
What brand flexplate are you guys using ? I'm thinking of up grading to 139 tooth and 16 volts.

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I have the ATI in my car. Got it from Mark when I got the starter.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Meziere

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
JW flywheel.Again a piece that was laying arounf from earlier set up. Strong piece,wish was lighter.

As for starter. Unless I cut diagonal in engine bay its the big dawg 139 because ultimate will not fit. Well I could move to left side(normal Hemi) cut block,rewire main cable and cut off and it would work. So going with big dawg139.

One day I am going to try that normal route thing again.LOL