DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    pro brake vs standard brake reaction times?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pro brake vs standard brake reaction times?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
im going to be jumping into a car that has a pro transbrake vs mine which has a standard brake.does anyone know roughly delay box difference between the two?
I will have no test hits in this car just a couple qualifiers then race so im trying to be at least in the ballpark.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Being that car is so much faster than yours I think you will have more to worry about than what you put in the box. Just put your normal number in it and see where your at or compare your number to the regular drivers number and put something in between in it on the 1st hit

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
steve seeing we can only go 6.10 the car is only a tenth or so faster than my car so I don't think im going to notice much difference

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I found about .020 difference between a King pro brake and a Coan standard brake.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1644 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
.030 has always been the rough number in my head for the difference between a Standard and Pro brake although all different brands may vary.

If it were me and this were possible, I'd make some practice tree hits along with the person who regularly drives the car to see how much you should add/subtract from their regular delay.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
About .020 is the difference i always saw. That's swapping trans in the same car.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone!!!