DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16 volt xs power intellicharger repair?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 volt xs power intellicharger repair?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Need one repaired. Called xs power and they don’t service older units. Any suggestions?

All Pontiac. No Juice.

Posts: 34 | Location: Maple Grove, Mn | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Throw it in the trash and buy the best race battery charger…

Decades of proven service and made in the USA, specifically Connecticut.

If you've been around drag racing any length of time, surely you've seen this battery charger in the pits of serious racers who want and need the best. This charger is the gold standard, the benchmark for drag racers.

which is the same charger as this

and both are the same as this one who is the manufacture

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How has it failed, doees it go through the charge float led sequence and then shutoff? I have the old version and would love to repair it for a last ditch backup. The new adjustable voltage unit has been working great knock on wood.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
BatteryStuff.com sells the Interactor battery chargers. I have a 12v version and love it. The damn thing is idiot pruff. plug it in and turn it on.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Couple things with the XS charger. I have had a bad outlet cause the charger to not work, it would go through the initial sequence and then it would never charge anything, no lights on, no amperage needle movement. Thought charger was bad until I tried a different outlet and it worked like normal. Sometimes you may even need to plug directly into a generator if at the track. Secondly, if your battery voltage is too low, it will also not kick the charger on because it won't read enough voltage. Lastly, there is a fuse on the backside of the charger you can check to see if its blown as well. They are great chargers, just after using them for so many years I've learned a few things. I've even had it fall off the golf cart before and continue to work like nothing was wrong at all.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have had years of good service from my 16 Volt XS Power batteries and charger and would not hesitate to buy another if needed.

With my new car I am building I am going back to 12 volt system at least for a while. Why? Well much of the talk about how great the 16 volt system is because it spins over motor faster. That is true but it does not have any more reserve or cold cranking amps than a good 12 volt system so total power is about same.

For instance if a 16 Volt system will turn it over say 500 Revolutions 750 RPM before it goes Dead a 12 Volt system may do 750 Revolutions at 500 RPM before it is dead but same over all amount of stored power just how it delivers it to the motor. When everything is right then both systems will work well and Six of one Half dozen of the other.

And the XS Power is as good of quality as any other 16 volt. Does rather stink they will not service that model any more.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Interacter is waiting on parts to build them. No one else seems to have any in stock. I've been waiting 6 months or so for one.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

All Pontiac. No Juice.

Posts: 34 | Location: Maple Grove, Mn | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what your issues were but I had a 20 year old turbo start charger start charging less that it should have been and ended up with dead battery which I then opened up the charger and pulled every wire off that had a male female spade connector on it and plugged back in and it has been working flawlessly since then. I believe it got some corrosion in the connection which was fixed by me pulling apart and putting back together.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I don’t know what your issues were but I had a 20 year old turbo start charger start charging less that it should have been and ended up with dead battery which I then opened up the charger and pulled every wire off that had a male female spade connector on it and plugged back in and it has been working flawlessly since then. I believe it got some corrosion in the connection which was fixed by me pulling apart and putting back together.

Good point, if they will not repair it what harm would it do to tear into is and look for loose connection or bad fuse? You have no warranty no and they will not fix it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have nothing useful to add here, but given the events of 2022, aaron needs to update his signature. Wink

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post