DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
https://www.grainger.com/produ...-Hand-Operated-4HA27

Bought 2 of these pumps around 14 years ago. Still using the first one and have the second as a back up.

They don't screw into the drums I get but I don't care. I fill my jugs up and hang it back on the wall.

Do you just pump long enough to prime and then gravity takes over and it starts to empty the drum without pumping anymore?

Speaking from experience, yes. Once it starts flowing, it will siphon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Do you just pump long enough to prime and then gravity takes over and it starts to empty the drum without pumping anymore?[/QUOTE]

I use the Grainger ones as well and mine is probably also 15 years old. Yes, pump a few times and they will fill on their own. Siphon effect works really good if you do it out side door of trailer with drum in trailer and fuel jugs on the ground.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I use the Grainger ones as well and mine is probably also 15 years old. Yes, pump a few times and they will fill on their own. Siphon effect works really good if you do it out side door of trailer with drum in trailer and fuel jugs on the ground.

Those worked really well when I hauled drums in the trailer so they were elevated, and the drum was at least half full.

Once they won't siphon and flow automatically, it's a sucky job. I was in good shape for that exercise when I was 18, but not so much anymore.

Mine would usually develop a crack where the flex hose connects to the main body every couple years. I'd store them in the box they came in, so not much abuse.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Is THIS the HF air operated barrel pump that others have? Says for Non-Corrosive fluids.

I have been using mine for maybe 5 years? with no problems. One thing usually when I open a 55 gallon drum I will put it on in smaller plastic drums. I have about 4 of the 20 gallon drums and 12 of the 5 gallon jugs. I also use the pump when i transfer from the 20 gallon drums to the 5 gal jugs. I can not see any corrosion at all but if it shows anything in the next few years I will go spend another $50 on a new one. I got my moneys worth out of it long ago.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
We use and old Holley Blue Pump mounted on the wall of the garage above the barrels of fuel you will need to put a battery somewhere and wire in a switch. Works great been doing it from about 15 years now and yes we pump methanol & gas.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57 Vette:
Air Master drum pump has worked just great for me for only $49.95.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alky

Agreed have 2 of these!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post