Bracket Talk
Mickey Thompson 3052? Anyone Tried them yet?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/1717005696

July 03, 2021, 09:52 PM
Mike Rietow
Mickey Thompson 3052? Anyone Tried them yet?
Part # 3052?
July 04, 2021, 07:17 AM
qtrrcr
I have run them for 30+ years. Main reason is that this is the only tire that will fit my car, 55 chev, 9" not tubbed ladder bar 3200 lbs. No one else makes that size tire. But, after running them and getting 200 plus 1/4 mile passes before the holes start to disappear, I am sticking with them. PSCA used to have an 8.5 class that would 1/8 mile at sub 4 seconds on that tire. They would put 6 passes on their tires and take them off. I would buy them for 25 cents on the dollar and get another 200 passes on them. I definitely like that tire.
July 04, 2021, 08:45 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
I have run them for 30+ years. Main reason is that this is the only tire that will fit my car, 55 chev, 9" not tubbed ladder bar 3200 lbs. No one else makes that size tire. But, after running them and getting 200 plus 1/4 mile passes before the holes start to disappear, I am sticking with them. PSCA used to have an 8.5 class that would 1/8 mile at sub 4 seconds on that tire. They would put 6 passes on their tires and take them off. I would buy them for 25 cents on the dollar and get another 200 passes on them. I definitely like that tire.

Thanks for the feedback, I picked up a new set a guy never mounted. I'm gonna bolt em on a 8", deeper dish Magnum wheel, see if I can print some tickets.

I kinda figured they have a lot of developement because of the 8.5" tire heads up class.
July 04, 2021, 09:54 AM
qtrrcr
Whats really funny about that 8.5 class and those cars having so much power, and the goto cars were fox bodies and chevy IIs, 90 percent of the time they would blow the tires off at the hit and it would be a pedal fest to the stripe. All anyone had to do was be able to hook and most low to mid 6 second cars had a good chance. My car will hook in a snow storm, so I entered a few of them, but I cant do a pro lite for crap, so I bowed out after a while.
July 05, 2021, 01:02 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Whats really funny about that 8.5 class and those cars having so much power, and the goto cars were fox bodies and chevy IIs, 90 percent of the time they would blow the tires off at the hit and it would be a pedal fest to the stripe. All anyone had to do was be able to hook and most low to mid 6 second cars had a good chance. My car will hook in a snow storm, so I entered a few of them, but I cant do a pro lite for crap, so I bowed out after a while.

I'm a huge fan of 8.5" tire racing. I like the red nitrous Nova, the gal drives. I think she's from Las Vegas. She's usually qualifies top 5, kills the Pro Tree too.