DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GM truck tech help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM truck tech help
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted
2001 silverado 6.0, ran fine this morning, then stopped at store , when I started it it was missing, would not go over 15mph, was rattling the valves very loud, pulled over, turned it off for few minutes started it and it was fine, then started chugging again, did this 3 times, fuel pressure good, no codes, any help?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fast frank,

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Mine went into reduced power mode once, check engine light flashing, was able to creep home at 15 mph or so, luckily very close to home. My MAF had come loose from the tubing leading to the engine........

I had an issue years ago when the plug wires went bad and were arcing.

Other than that, 140K, no issues.

If you heard the valve train rattling to me that is not a good sign. Heard of oil pump pickup tube issues, wonder if you have a problem there.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
removing the positve and neg cables from the battery and clamping them together will clear the code.

Posts: 691 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...was rattling the valves very loud...

Wonder if that could have been detonation?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
not a tech,but have been through that more than once,it sounds like something put it in limp mode.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:
removing the positve and neg cables from the battery and clamping them together will clear the code.

was that for me? has no code

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It will reset and clear limp mode

Posts: 691 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post