DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Engine assembly with friends
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engine assembly with friends
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted
As Ed has said, engine assembly is over rated. Not a torque wrench or micrometer in sight, but a lot of fake RTV.

https://youtu.be/MiVb-m98uI4

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12155 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
All a torque wrench is for is just making sure you don't break the little bolts, and if the assembly rotates the measurements are good.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that how the Afghans/Taliban will keep all our trucks, tanks and other vehicles running that we left behind

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Obviously a union shop. Everyone has their one job.

I don't read Pakistani very well but I think one of the writings on the wall said F%&* Biden.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave Koehler,

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
So that's why we have a parts shortage? Who gave them the fresh bearings?

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They bought those bearings from retard rietow, date coded 2002.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed would have helped the Arabs assemble the engine, but he was in the middle of breast feeding his driver.

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Ed would have helped the Arabs assemble the engine, but he was in the middle of breast feeding his driver.

Laughing Hard

Ed is holding the camera. That's his "professional engine builders" earning their $900.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hey they had feeler gauges and at least that one wrench.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Hey they had feeler gauges and at least that one wrench.

It's really a riff on 70s top fuel teams.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
"They bought those bearings from retard rietow, date coded 2002."....1320racer

Bearings have expiration or use-by dates?

How the hell would you know anyway? The only time you see the insides of your engines are after you've blown 'em up. I've seen 'em too!!!

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 487 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^Another broke dyck, clueless nobody that ain’t got shyt nor ever done shyt worth talking about that got his engine parts from Tracy Dennis’s scrap /garage pile and that was told to me by Tracy himself! Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
1320, Does Reetow have a crush on your something? Dude is always talking about your boobies, where i come from, thats a definite sign that you pitch and catch.....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
^^^Another broke dyck, clueless nobody that ain’t got shyt nor ever done shyt worth talking about that got his engine parts from Tracy Dennis’s scrap /garage pile and that was told to me by Tracy himself! Laughing very hard

I was recently divorced and trying to put myself through college and take care of my sons when I first met the guys at Sunset. Tracy understood my situation and gave me great deals on parts that he wouldn't generally use - OEM dimple big block rods, OEM forged crankshafts, rectangular port OEM iron heads and the like, he had moved on to aftermarket on all of that. He got a little bit for 'em and I made a little bit of money and kept myself out of the poorhouse. I'll be eternally grateful to Tracy for that and for letting me spend time at the shop and learn a lot about engine building.

Now, what he told me about Ed was "It's like building a dollhouse for a goddamn 12 year old girl. Constant phone calls about petty shyt that don't matter just chokes the process down."

You seem to be able to pick parts but you know as much about true engine building as your good buddy Joe Biden does about being president. You could easily shut these comments down by me and many others by just building one. Anything. Briggs & Stratton. Anything.

For such an arrogant piece of shyt, you sure don't seem to have any confidence in your abilities as a builder. Just about like your abilities as a driver. Nice car, nice trailer, clown behind the wheel.

Oh, and leading poster for DRR. That's easy since you post the same shyt multiple times in the same thread. Say your piece and STFU, nobody will read the second, third or fourth version that didn't read the first.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Busted Knuckles,

Posts: 487 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
STFU you broke dyck loser! You’re full of excuses about your miserable life. You add nothing to this forum but your jealousy and hate. I pay biotches like you to shine my wheels because I can! Spitting

Loser Busted Knuckles

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What's your excuse?
You've got plenty of shyt and have had plenty of time to do something with it...complete fail.

Now you're reduced to living vicariously through your son. You poor, miserable Biden boy...if you'd polish your wheels yourself, maybe you could work off those man boobs.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Busted knuckles knows!

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Those guys building that motor are having fun. It will probably live long. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Whose life is so boring they can watch all 29 minutes of that? Roll Eyes Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1638 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post