New
Find
Notify
Tools

small tire help
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
i havent done much with small tire cars some direction...3200lb car with 1117rhp..first time out to a track..has 15 inch wheel conversion and the 28 inch tall tire will tear up the inner liner when it grows...so looks like a 26x10x15 is all we can work with.was looking at the mt3053s they claim its for heavy cars..
with engine management will this tire work?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
i havent done much with small tire cars some direction...3200lb car with 1117rhp..first time out to a track..has 15 inch wheel conversion and the 28 inch tall tire will tear up the inner liner when it grows...so looks like a 26x10x15 is all we can work with.was looking at the mt3053s they claim its for heavy cars..
with engine management will this tire work?

Just curious, is the motor N/A or some type of power adder?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2519 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just curious, is the motor N/A or some type of power adder?

440 lsx motor with f1x procharger

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm just following along to see if I can learn anything from this thread. What are they or you trying to do with combo? I'm assuming some type of heads up.

Anyway, while our situation isn't that extreme. We are currently upgrading our 80 Camaro. The 434 sbc is in the machine shop for up grades for a F-1A-94 Procharger. The car will weigh around 2900 lbs. when completed. It will be bracket raced on 30x9 or 30x10.5 radial.

The plan is to leave on little to no boost using the base hp/torque on motor. Then using plenty of power management when it starts building boost. We are looking for around 900-950 hp at the crank.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2519 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
What do you mean you're tearing the liners up?
What liner pressure are you running VS TP? Is the wheel drilled properly @90 to the stem for the liner. You sure the liner isn't getting pinched?

I use to do a bunch. All big tire tho for TAD.
I normally air up the liner a tad and make sure it is not rolled and centered, then finish the top bead. Maybe I'm missing something here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you mean you're tearing the liners up?

its a stock body 2007 corvette Z06 with the 15 inch tire conversion...if you go with too big a slick when it grows going down track it catches the inner fender plastic and any components within them

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I apologize,I misunderstood.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

thats a 275x60x15 mt drag et radial.they about 28inches but dont really grow so they clear...just no traction

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Have you tried more tire pressure?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Please let us know what you find out. lately many of the small tire radial guys seem to be doing something quite different than we do and it may be your solution.

I do not pay much attention to them just seen a few passes and it caught my eye.

Some of them have the chassis set up where the rear of the car is raising up as it goes down track. I assume they are setting it up with short IC and very tight shocks to control the hit then it extends the shocks as it goes down track raising the rear of the car. Some of those cars are very fast.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
this car is not in a class where it has to run a 275 or a radial..we can put a standard drag slick on it...issue is we may be limited to the 26x10x15 which isnt alot of slick

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Well if you have 1100 Hp to the rear wheels then you are going to work that tire to make it hook. Going to take a lot of tire and or a really good chassis.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post