Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Tag trailer with dragster lift
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tag trailer with dragster lift
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted
Looking for interior photos, both loaded and empty. Length and interior height?

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Support our country! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

Posts: 7807 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 629 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whatever pictures people are willing to show I'm sure you'll just tell them everything they are doing wrong so why bother asking?

Posts: 483 | Location: Gator Nation | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, wait til Monday and I'll e-mail you some pics of the trailer I designed and had built (my brothers now) from Motorsport before they were bought out by Gold Rush.

It is 34', 1 foot extra height, full hydraulic landing gear, 36" lower bench with lista tool box on right, Marquis generator behind door on left with side access door (inside) to keep noise out and 36 X 24 side cabinets (center lift off door under bench for spare motor to slide in), 24" upper/center cabinets. 48" double side door with slide out ramps for the golf cart, can remove cart without unloading anything. Two 245" wheelbase dragsters sit on the floor with the golf cart in front of them with the full canopy on, OR has extended dragster lift so it can be lifted with the golf car driven straight in in front of it, OR the lift slides forward so the lifted car now sits up against the front cabinet, door car will go under the dragster and the cart can be driven in behind.

I can tell ya one thing, the difference between 32 and 34 is like night and day!

Posts: 173 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Ron, appreciate the info and look forward to the photos. I'm sure that extra two feet is nice but at what cost, $2,000? and how much additional weight, 500 lbs.?

As I stated in a previous thread, I will only haul both the Firebird and dragster plus the golf cart once, maybe twice a season. Any other time it's on the road, it will have just the dragster and golf cart.

I'm towing with a SRW, CC, 3500HD Duramax that has a "Max Trailer/Towing Capacity" of 13,000 lbs. which is defined as..."total weight of trailer and cargo, including the driver weight and base equipment so I need to bring this in at under that and by my calculations, the 32 foot built to my specs, loaded with the cars, comes in right under that at 12,913 lbs.

Check your PM.

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 7807 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, Prasnal tows his 34' with his 3500hd loaded with dragster, Chevelle and Polaris Ranger. He told me he pulls to Numidia with no problems at all.

BUT, if, like you say, you would rarely have it loaded up it is a big added expense. I did it because I didn't want to say "I should have done this and that when I had it built".

Posts: 173 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I have a 53' LQ trailer with 32' ft. on the garage floor and a dragster lift. I haul a dragster, a door car and two pit bikes.

But pictures won't do any good for you.
1. my wife's dragster is not an Undercover, and also has rim screws.

2. I built the lift with my own two hands, which to you, means I can't afford to have it done right because of all the bad choices in life I've made.

3. The tube chassis door car has beadlocks on it.

and last but not least....

4. You absolutely NEVER have anything positive to say, so why the hell would anybody want to put pics of their pride and joy up for you to bash on.

PISS OFF!!!!! GO GET YOUR OWN IDEAS! DEEK!

Posts: 37 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Rolling Laughing Tongue

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sst5167 for the win!!!!

Posts: 147 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
I have a 53' LQ trailer with 32' ft. on the garage floor and a dragster lift. I haul a dragster, a door car and two pit bikes.

But pictures won't do any good for you.
1. my wife's dragster is not an Undercover, and also has rim screws.

2. I built the lift with my own two hands, which to you, means I can't afford to have it done right because of all the bad choices in life I've made.

3. The tube chassis door car has beadlocks on it.

and last but not least....

4. You absolutely NEVER have anything positive to say, so why the hell would anybody want to put pics of their pride and joy up for you to bash on
PISS OFF!!!!! GO GET YOUR OWN IDEAS! DEEK!
Rolling Laughing Post of the Year Award Winner!!!!!

Posts: 1493 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
Well damn, I looked at this thread because I wanted a few ideas too. I already have a 32 ft Performax, but no dragster lift and was thinking of building one so I could haul both my cars and golf cart as well. Surely somebody will post a pic or two lol.
Also, Mr. Ciglar, hope you are doing well, been a long time since i've raced in your neck of the woods or we've been at the same track. Always enjoyed talking to you back then.

Posts: 300 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
Well damn, I looked at this thread because I wanted a few ideas too. I already have a 32 ft Performax, but no dragster lift and was thinking of building one so I could haul both my cars and golf cart as well. Surely somebody will post a pic or two lol.
Also, Mr. Ciglar, hope you are doing well, been a long time since i've raced in your neck of the woods or we've been at the same track. Always enjoyed talking to you back then.

If you do a search on this sight for "dragster lift" you will find many pics, including the one i built. Lots of good ideas

Posts: 37 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you do a search on this sight for "dragster lift" you will find many pics, including the one i built. Lots of good ideas

Just checked out the pics of the lift you built and I dig that design. I may try to do something very similar. Thanks!

Posts: 300 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just checked out the pics of the lift you built and I dig that design. I may try to do something very similar. Thanks!

You're welcome. Dont hesitate to message me if you have any questions. Good luck!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you do a search on this sight for "dragster lift" you will find many pics, including the one i built.

saw your pictures a while ago, junk! Tongue Laughing

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
If you do a search on this sight for "dragster lift" you will find many pics, including the one i built.

saw your pictures a while ago, junk! Tongue Laughing

EAT A DEEK!!!! ONCE AGAIN, PISS OFF TROLL!!!!
I built it with my own hands, which is something you can't say about ANYTHING!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
^^^
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
Dayum.....Ed has got you guys right where he wants you...... lol

Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling

DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
Not the best pic, but lift we built for our juniors. Other than changing the location of the lift, it work the same for a full size car. Trailer is 34' long with 12" extra height.

Straight posts that bolt to floor/fender, with a diagonal support for extra strength. Upper cross bar bolts to the posts. Use hand winch to lift cars and another cross bar with wheel chocks goes underneath the wheels/tires.

Posts: 939 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
thanks for photo. Had a jr. lift in my trailer too.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If ed made better life choices he could afford a stacker.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1298 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post