DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    RIP Richard Maskin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Richard Maskin
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
Such an innovator to the racing industry. RIP.

An earlier interview that says it all. 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1vb9MZnrI&t=576s

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Very sad to read this. Way to young to leave us.
My best experience with a block purchase and machine work was directly with Richard.
I had blown up my 565 and hurt the Dart block. Was told Dart had blemed blocks for sale from time to time. Was told to ask for D i c k in purchasing. Called and was transferred to him. Took at least 5 min until I figured out D I c k was Richard. Lol So he hollers across the room if they had a 9.8 cast iron steel cap block and to my luck he had one with a minor casting flaw at the water port. Sent him the cylinder finished bore dimensions, from my custom Wiseco pistons being made and a pair of EZ bushed lifters along with clearances I wanted. When the block arrived it was perfectly machined. I never had a BBC seal as well and as a result make good power. That 582 was the last race engine I built.
Rest In Peace Richard.

https://www.freep.com/obituaries/det106711

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Great talent! What a loss! RIP Mr. Maskin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
He has changed our racing World for the better. The heads and blocks they make are really nice.

May he Rest in Peace.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Met him once while he was setting up another guy in the aftermarket cylinder head business. Nice guy, and brilliant.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1601 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post