DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Wide Band O2 For Power Grid
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wide Band O2 For Power Grid
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Wide Band O2 For Power Grid

MSD is now offering (delivery in June) a Wide Band O2 For Power Grid that plugs into the Grid 7740 CAN-Bus hub. Nice addition and I think other monitors to be offered in the future.

MANY are waiting for the DS sensor that is now legal in NHRA ET competition to be offered in Grid.

Posts: 2441 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Looks like I know what my next purchase will be...I have the LM2 now from Innovate, but it sure would be nice to have everything in one unit.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of popper
posted Hide Post

Posts: 229 | Location: Kingston, Illinois | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Mark - I know this is a stupid question, but I am assuming you have to update your Grid and PC software to the latest and greatest?

My Grid was one of the ones that had to be sent back in to be upgraded so I have always been afraid of trying an update again and being down. But this might make me try...

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Your Grid was probably one of 700 that was locked out from being upgraded when built. If you sent it in to be unlocked you can now upgrade the firmware.

The latest version of MSDView4 (4.3.21 , 23 or 27) on the web works well in Windows XP,7,8 and 10.

The latest Grid Firmware (1.7.6) has been out for 1.5 yrs without issues. I recommend this.

Here’s what you can try. Uninstall MSDView 3 and Install MSDView4 in your computer and upgrade Grid with the included Firmware update. If you don’t like it, just uninstall it and put MSDView 3 back in. If you want to take your Grid back to 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 Firmware that is probably in it now, let me know and I’ll send you those .ehe files to take it back. I’ve done this numerous times.

Posts: 2441 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SST400
posted Hide Post
So assuming you have the channels available on your Racepak you could log AF thru the Grid box correct? And I read you can run multiple modules?

This setup is about half the cost of the Racepak stuff.

Colby
'07 Cobalt

Posts: 7 | Location: Noble, OK | Registered: June 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
So why is it so much cheaper than the Racepak O2?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You can run as many different ( and probably the same) modules as you have available plug-in ports in the CAN-Bus Connector Hub. Need more plug-in ports add another Hub.

Grid will share data logged channels through V-net with Racepak as long as you have available channels to receive this data.

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
wow, very reasonable and recordable. I have the FAST system and I'd rather be able to log it automatically. Popper...... You should make your easily removable..... Wink

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SST400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:
So why is it so much cheaper than the Racepak O2?

Why? Not sure but you could buy a MSD for each bank and the CAN-BUS adapter for $444 and a single Racepak AF1 is $379 ($758 for 2)

Colby
'07 Cobalt

Posts: 7 | Location: Noble, OK | Registered: June 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Or you could just buy one for 199.00 and weld in another bung and swap it back and forth....

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Dawg:
Or you could just buy one for 199.00 and weld in another bung and swap it back and forth....

I'm doing the same thing. Bought a Wego 3 from Daytona Sensors (dual O2 unit) and welded 8 bungs in the headers. I plan on moving them around. Dual unit from Daytona is 438 and can be integrated into a data logger.

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Very cool deal.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I have a grid and a racepack 1320. Currently the 2 are not linked. If I added this O2 setup with a sensor in each collector how would I retrieve the graph. Would I have to plug up to the grid after each run? Or could I link it to my racepack and get it from my SD card like all my other graphs.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
The grid has a V-Net connector to connect it to a RacePak. I monitor the various timing curves on the Racepak.

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
I have a grid and a racepack 1320. Currently the 2 are not linked. If I added this O2 setup with a sensor in each collector how would I retrieve the graph. Would I have to plug up to the grid after each run? Or could I link it to my racepack and get it from my SD card like all my other graphs.

HERE'S the Racepak Addendum for Grid V-net connection.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I don't see the racepak sportsman listed.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dal
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an available date? It's a month out on the website and just advances everyday. I called them and got nothing. Also, there is no instruction pdf. Not looking good for anytime soon. ??

70 Chevelle - 3300#
NA 517, 1.26-60' so far, more to come.....
Straub, Foxwell, HBR
Killerrons
NA 511, 1.29, 5.83@118.42, (9.24/25 @ 144+)

Posts: 25 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dal:
Anyone have an available date? It's a month out on the website and just advances everyday. I called them and got nothing. Also, there is no instruction pdf. Not looking good for anytime soon. ??

Agreed that there isn’t an instruction PDF out for the 7765 as of today.

Here’s what you can do. Open MSDView4. Select FILE / OPEN. In the File Path Line, Select MSDView. and scowl down to 7765 and select the 7765 sample .mff file.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Dal:

Agreed that there isn’t an instruction PDF out for the 7765 as of today.

Here’s what you can do. Open MSDView4. Select FILE / OPEN. In the File Path Line, Select MSDView. and scowl down to 7765 and select the 7765 sample .mff file.

Great, thank you sir!

70 Chevelle - 3300#
NA 517, 1.26-60' so far, more to come.....
Straub, Foxwell, HBR
Killerrons
NA 511, 1.29, 5.83@118.42, (9.24/25 @ 144+)

Posts: 25 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post