DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Wide Band O2 For Power Grid
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wide Band O2 For Power Grid
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
I don't have the 7765 mounted yet. I think I am going to mount it on the blow shield so I can see the led status light. I believe 6 foot will be plenty but I am sure that some dragsters would need a longer one. 6 ft was the longest extension cable I saw listed. I didn't realize I needed the can bus hub either so I need to get that too. I thought it was just going to be $199 and it would be a channel available to the racepak. Still will be cheaper than the racepak sensors and hopefully we can figure a way out to get it hooked into the racepak.

Where should the bung go in the header?

Thanks for the help

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
After seeing the 7765 for the first time this weekend in my friends door car, I think this is a cost effective addition for Grid only users verses a stand-alone O2 unit.

If I were using Racepak, I believe using the O2 unit for Racepak to be the more cost effective choice now and here’s why.

Although the 7765 has a scalable output, I believe the cost of getting that information into Racepak will be the same or possibly slightly more than using the Racepak O2 unit that is a direct plug in and set up for that system. Someone like Greg Kelly would probably know the most about this cost, feasibility and probably more.

Grid will share 13 specific channels with Racepak found in the Data Acquisition / Racepak tabs of Grid. Unfortunately none of the modules that connect to Grid using the CAN-bus are on this list to be shared.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Yeah I think you are right. I am at $315 with the hub and extension cable but to hook up to RacePak will cost another $250. I believe the RacePak sensor is $385. Bummer... anybody want to buy my 7765?

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dal
posted Hide Post
I hooked mine up with the 0-5 volt output to my ancient Qwikdata. Does the job there and with the Grid. Haven't logged to the Grid yet though... Smile

Posts: 25 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Check out Daytona Sensors. I am using them with a Racepak USM Module.

260.00-Daytona Single
215.00-USM Module
475.00-Total

200.00-MSD Single
115.00-Hub and EXT Cord
215.00 USM Module
530.00 Total

385.00 Single Racepak V-net

428.00-Daytona Dual O2 Unit
215.00-USM Module
643.00 Total

400.00 Two MSD Units
115.00 Hub and EXT cord
215.00 USM Module
730.00 Total

770.00 Two Racepak V-Nets

And with the USM Module you have two/three free channels to add at a later date.

I had Daytona make me custom length extension cables. One at 41" and one at 105. Total to the door was 37.00 bucks.

Something to think about...

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Definitely the cheaper way to go with 2 sensors. I don't know what I am going to do. I may just try the MSD since I already have it just wished it would work easier with racepak.

Thanks for the info.

Scott Smith

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post

I got it hooked up and that was the last pass yesterday. I put the sensor in a primary tube outer hole probably a leaner cylinder.

Scott Smith

DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a 7765 for my doorcar. Was lucky to find someone with one in stock on amazon. My question is how long is the connection from module to the o2 sensor all together. Was wanting to mount module inside car but not sure the harness will reach my headers. Also for now will be moving the sensor around I both headers. The canbus extension cords can these be used from module to canbus 4 way hub or is this only for the connection from the 7730 to the 7740 canbus 4way connection. Do they make a extension harness just for the 02 sensor?

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
I didn't measure it but I would say its 4-5 ft from the module to the sensor. Yeah you can use the extension from the hub to the 7765 that is the way I have it now. They do not have an extension for the sensor that I know of.

Scott Smith

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
currently installing one of these. what is the extension from the hub to the 7765 part number? anyone have that info? i am about 3 feet too short for a clean installation

Posts: 20 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew_1:
currently installing one of these. what is the extension from the hub to the 7765 part number? anyone have that info? i am about 3 feet too short for a clean installation

MSD 7784. Will attach on either side of the CAN-bus hub. To either lengthen the hub or a device going to the hub.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks. so i can use the 7786 to move the hub and then another 7786 or 7784 to connect the module?

Posts: 20 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you can plug the cable from Grid that had the terminating resistor cap in it into one of the 4 openings on the CAN-bus hub, then the extension cable will work for either the Hub or the Device as an extension.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the msd wideband logging in racepak. Mine just flat lines when looking at the graphs in racepak. In msd review it's fine. Would be nice to just be able to see it all in racepak.

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post