DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Tire Changer For Home Use
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tire Changer For Home Use
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone use the Ranger from Northern Tool?

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about the Rangers. A bunch of companies are going to "touchless" tire machines. I'd check around some local tire stores for a used machine if you haven't.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you weren't so far away I'd sell you my "No-Mar Tire Changer" I just never use it.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
If you weren't so far away I'd sell you my "No-Mar Tire Changer" I just never use it.

That sounds like a great thing to have in the shop

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Woodrow, the used tire folks keep the price up on the decent used stuff.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I've been using tire spoons, sprint car bead breaker, HF bead breaker, HF bubble balancer for years. WD40 and get to work.

I'd love to have a real tire changer, but cost and space make it impractical.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Getting to old for that Matt, I need some mechanical assistance.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The best bead breaker I've been using for years is the trailer jack on the front of my enclosed trailer.Breaks beads with little effort....

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post