DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    performance gained with crank trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

performance gained with crank trigger
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
Not sure what mag you are using, on my 44’s you can hardly turn them by hand(make sure to ground it) the resistance in itself will eat up your play. Put your funds into a data-recorder with fuel flow capabilities if you don’t have one. That and a weather station. This is where you can start to see gains and keep your engine in a safe place.

I run msd 12's.When you concider that TF use to run two 30 gpm pumps and cpl mag 4's,It is more than strong enough for alky injection.

Do not think Rpm data recorer has fuel flow like a Racepak does. Iknow the one on the A/fuel car even tells you how much fuel you used on the run.
I do have fuel pressure to keep up with pump and system. Also tons of formulas for figuring flow. If do not have info needed I have cpl dozen books and articles on weather and effects on performance. Kestrel weather station for now, going to upgrade later. Plus good amount of weather reading instruments from our air balance business.

Not really worried about timing jumping around so much as just curious. Crank trigger just something that caught my attention and got me wondering. My wife says, They say a good mind is terrible thing to waste, but mine is expensive and dangerous thing to use at times.LOL

Oh yea. Only running Hemi;s because all I could afford.They where free well now anyway.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
Not sure what mag you are using, on my 44’s you can hardly turn them by hand(make sure to ground it) the resistance in itself will eat up your play. Put your funds into a data-recorder with fuel flow capabilities if you don’t have one. That and a weather station. This is where you can start to see gains and keep your engine in a safe place.

Do not think Rpm data recorder has fuel flow like a Racepak does. .

If your talking about RPM Performance data logger yes Randy has a flow meter kit, I have one on my car and love it for fine tuning the fuel system. The flow meter itself is the same as on all the fuel cars and Racepaks, from what I understand there is only one company that makes them. His kit comes with the flow meter and interface module to connect to your logger but is not listed on his website, you need to call Randy and ask about it

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Tahnks Big Steve. That would explain whi I thought he did not have one. Kind of like the in depth info on his dash.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Tahnks Big Steve. That would explain whi I thought he did not have one. Kind of like the in depth info on his dash.LOL

Randy's website hasnt been updated in 5 or 6 years. I Beta tested his Dash for him back in 2014 and I believe it was fully released in 2015

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
And it will drive you nuts if one of the magnets falls out of the wheel. Ask me how I know

Had that happen to me a long time ago. Yes it drove a lot of people nuts.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post