DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Converter ID help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converter ID help
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted
I was hoping someone can help me ID a converter I have. When I purchased it years ago (used), I was told it was an ATI converter. It worked fine and got me thru a rough spell when I couldn't keep a big motor together, but now I am wondering if it really is an ATI or not. The only numbers I can find on it are the pilot, and they are (the first one looks like) R260315, and under that is either just a 2, or a -2.
It's an 8" race converter, it stalled about 5200 behind a mild 351W, but other than that, that's the only real facts I know about it.
Thanks.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
By the numbers on the converter they are Not ATI.
ATI converter numbers all start with the capital letter A. Like A42 is a 8" or A39 is a 9" Treemaster.I should know after running them 35 years.
IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
That's what I figured (especially after looking at the part number of a real ATI converter I have now.) At the time I bought it, I didnt know any better. I didnt pay a lot for it, and it worked as described, so I wasnt disappointed. But, at this point I would kind of like to know what it is.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
Surely somebody has an idea who built this converter.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
Bueller
Bueller
Bueller?

Anyone?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Anyone familiar with GER Converter Numbers? I though they used a part number Series that started with 260 — - - it might be an old GER.

By process of part number numerical elimination it doesn’t appear to be a:

Munsinger
Continental
A-1 or
Select

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Anyone familiar with GER Converter Numbers? I though they used a part number Series that started with 260 — - - it might be an old GER.

By process of part number numerical elimination it doesn’t appear to be a:

Munsinger
Continental
A-1 or
Select

Bob

YIKES!!
I sure hope not.

Thanks.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Those thieves at GER should have been tied to a tree in the town square and horse whipped.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Those thieves at GER should have been tied to a tree in the town square and horse whipped.

Like a lot of other guys, I bought one of those POS doorstops when I first started racing.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no victims, only willing participants same as today with the broke dycks buying based on price alone.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Try Coan

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For the record, I never owned one. I have a friend who was taken in by their slick magazine ad. They still owe him a transmission. *******s!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post