DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    building a chute launcher system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

building a chute launcher system
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Looking at some air launchers.I started thinking hck I have a air ram,already have air activated chute release system. About all I might need would be the bag part and thats about 90 bucks.

I figure about all I need is little time to build and few bucks for bags and another pack and I could have two setups for quick change out if need.

Anybody here built one?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
my first one, I just installed the air cylinder and cut the spring off of my pilot, worked great. when it finally wore out I bought a chute designed for a launcher and still using it today..

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use white safety chutes and there already in a bag.

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post