DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Help with converter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with converter
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Based on the info you provided, your engine is making peak torque at around 4800 rpm so my advice is you want a converter that flashes upwards of 5300

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer what do you get for peak Horsepower

Posts: 26 | Location: va | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Never understood why a MFG getting stall correct is the benchmark for a good unit or company.

I've had converters from a local company hit my requested stall dead on and they were 3 mph slower than a converter from Turbo Action who hit the same stall out of the box.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
Never understood why a MFG getting stall correct is the benchmark for a good unit or company.

I've had converters from a local company hit my requested stall dead on and they were 3 mph slower than a converter from Turbo Action who hit the same stall out of the box.

Even worse is bashing the converter manufacturer for missing stall target, without a clue of variables involved.

Overall, I'm amazed how well most manufacturers do considering...

It's not like they wanna get into an awkward conversation with the customer explaining variables beforehand, they (customer) most likely won't understand anyway.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post