Find
Notify
Tools

new tri drive
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
After break belt drive assembly last attemp to run car Ibuilt slightly tougher piece. If picture post you can see mag drice off to right with pulley besie it for vacuum pump drive and the fuel pump mounts behind mag. Used two gears out of motor cycle gear drive. One off cam spind the other that drives mag and fuel pump usinf 3/8 hex drive out of enderle drive piece to connect the two thru the gear. Pulley drive is about the same with 2/8 hex driving the gears and connect to vacuum pump drive pulley.

Now to see if it can stand up to me.A lot of pieces have failed that test and not all made by me,LOL[URL= ][IMG]https://

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Only posted it because of a few comments on another thread of mine about me overthinking or overanalyzing things. Figured since I mentioned it in that thread I would post pics of kind of crap I end up doing because of that issue.

Now going out to work on running plug wires and fuel lines to new setup. Hopefully not another 4 am quitting time.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
pic of it before fianl polish and install. Little easier to see. If pic oversize sorry not sure why coping that large/

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
well tri-drive worked fine yesterday at the track. Hell about the only thing that did work right.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So what does the toothed pulley drive?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3989 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
vacuum pump
fuel pump is opposite side of mag. since mag is ccw rotation and it is 600 each to reverse and I have three total. I have two gears one cm at cam and other is ccw. with fuel pump on opposite side it stayed normal cw rotation. Plus if either cam or mag stop the other pretty much stops since both ar off same gear with a common 3/8 hex shaft out of fuel pump drive I had hanging on the wall.

I did have to add a brace at front of mag for vibration and support all the weight hanging out that far. I will be adding rear brace after observing very slight movement yesterday when rapping the throttle during warmup.