DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Vacuum pump on a dragster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacuum pump on a dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Just curious. Whos, pump you dragster guys running these days?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Mine is the GZ Motorsports, have had it for about 5 years and it still pulls over 17 inches of vacuum on my car. I have not had it rebuilt or anything no need to right now. As much as I like the GZ pump I would use the Jones lower mandrel. Much better in my opinion.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Have had pretty good luck with the Moroso 22642
4 vein enhanced.. nice thing i like is i can rotate the rear bracket 360 degrees.. Change the port direction.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Have had pretty good luck with the Moroso 22642
4 vein enhanced.. nice thing i like is i can rotate the rear bracket 360 degrees.. Change the port direction.

X2

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 251 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have a Star. It is small and pulls good vacuum. The Star mandrel is nice, but mine broke (most likely my own fault) and I now have a Jones mandrel.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Moroso

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Star pump and mandrel here

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Moroso pump, APD mandrel, Richardson Boyz mounting plate. This combo is very versatile...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Moroso p/n 22642 or p/n 22840 for the pump...the pulley and brackets are Drag race soloutions... badazz!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Star machine......you won't be sorry, great product, great customer service......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Moroso on both dragsters with no issues. Have heard good things about star as well, but have no experience with them.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
Star Pump and mandrel on my car and the guys I race with! One friend had his mandrel break off, and when he took it back to Star they said his was an early design. The new mandrel is made out of a different aluminum alloy and is no longer machined hollow on the dampener side. He still had to pay for it though!

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
moroso on both dragsters.

Posts: 32 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Star sportsman pump and drive mandrel is probably a Moroso I made up some spacers for it to fit....gilmer belt drive.

5 years old at least and works fine. Needs to be kept clean and dry of oil....

Very easy to check and clean....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
If you decide to go with a MOROSO brand vacuum pump take a look at our cylinder head mounting brackets. They allow a 360 degree rotation of the pump itself. Perfect for plumbing.

We have them for the original design and enhanced design MOROSO pumps. Available in chrome and black. Custom Pulleys also for v-belts.

Available from JEGS or Summit or directly from us at www.DragRaceSolutions.com

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post