DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster; Using Three Step during burnout, Yes or No
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster; Using Three Step during burnout, Yes or No
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
That very well be for that car...simply does not hold water on many fronts on many other cars.

Many many successful racers do not use the starting line enhancers...their cars dont fall off on longer spots as you and others state in posts.

Just weekly observations...to each their own.

Yep there sure are lots of ways to skin a cat in this game. Ask 10 racers and you’ll get 8 different answers on many topics! Big Grin

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Many million dollar finalists dont use them as well...yearly observations...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It increases the temperature of the trans fluid. Be it large or small difference on different cars, it is one more variable that is EASY to eliminate. Folks are just looking for ways to improve their programs regardless of what some do at the Million and what some world champions to.

Nobody is saying everyone should use an SLE, or that you are a fool for not using one. Nobody.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agreed

To be fair, three steps are used in burnout by many, not a necessity as many do not.

As stated there are many variables that contribute to using it or not. If you have 1000 plus horsepower in a BBC 4 link dragster vs 550 hp SBC hardtail dragster you may have different approaches to the burnout and whether you would use the chip or not.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
quote:
posted June 05, 2019 12:25 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i use mine 7000 rpm

you thinking i should go higher dave ,lol

to limit or not to limit,i dont think it really makes a **** as long as your rpm is where you want it.i used to use only my foot.then used 3 step and had problems i blamed on 3 step.so i went back to my foot.after some time i went back to three step mostly,sometimes never gets to chip,sometimes ride it.so just like with tires (lol) whatever floats your boat

Rusty, Your burn out limit is where I build my stuff to peak..lol

I started using a 3 step for the burnout back in 93 when I dropped a valve in the burn out.
Now on my slow azz ride I limit my burnout to 5000 rpm. Course that's with bubbas, shoot most times I don't even get to the starting line before lifting .

Several years ago a friend (Joe)SR4440 and I conducted an experiment using my S/G car. I started with my normal burnout check tire temp then staged. I kept shortening the burnout each time and temp kept reducing as normal. Beleive it or not ET's didn't change until I rolled through the water and did a quick spin just to get the water off the tire.

If any of you have raced at Little River here in Texas you know how short the burn out area is. I've regularly done burnouts in my dragster without crossing the starting line, staged and repeated dial in.
But then last weekend I spun the full length of track after a healthy burnout..lol

By the way Chris, I use the sissy button..LMAO

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I bet so at 5000 rpm Dave!!! Cool