Bracket Talk
Back up camera

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/1507059286

May 12, 2019, 09:54 AM
Dave Koehler
Back up camera
I have been pondering installing a back up camera on the rear of my 32 ft box.
Wireless would be nice.
Anyone find something that works well?

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.
May 12, 2019, 06:02 PM
Cashflow
I had Classic install a wired one on my trailer when I bought it new. I've never used it. I tried it out once but I'm so used to backing trailers that it kind of messed me up. It will maybe be good for the resale value of the trailer when I get rid of it.

There are several out there. I have a friend who has put quite a few in different trailers. I'll see if I can pick his brain and find out which one it was.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
May 13, 2019, 05:19 AM
Bucky
I have kinda thought about that too. Particularly backing out when it's crowded. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and when the rear of the trailer is 70' behind the mirror, it makes me nervous that I would miss seeing a kid or running into something or someone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
May 13, 2019, 08:13 AM
head gamez
I installed [URL=Furrion 381556 FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System with Mounting Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010...i_K0w2CbFA1YYG2]This Furrion[/URL] on the back of our 43’ fifth wheel RV. It worked very well. It is meant for continuous use so can be used for backing up or for rear observation.

Mikey
May 13, 2019, 09:31 AM
Rob7181
I would look into a good wired system. My Haulmark motorhome came wired to a plug near the hitch. I added a cable and camera to the rear of my trailer and it is super easy to run and wire. I would run it down the tongue and frame and up one of the back corners and to the center area above the door.

Rob Robertson
May 13, 2019, 04:05 PM
John Heard
I'd use a wired model, especially if you're using a motorhome. We've got one on the back of our 32' trailer and have a quick connect cable between coach and trailer, works really good.

John Heard
DragStuff.com
May 14, 2019, 12:05 PM
David Covey
I have a wired version.
I installed 2 cameras, one on rear of trailer second inside cargo area so I can check out car and stuff while driving down the road.
The one in the rear is great to use when passing or watching when a car comes up on you. You can see when your clear them to get back in your lane easier.

When I was checking them I was concerned with the wireless reaching past my 50 ft trailer.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
May 14, 2019, 12:06 PM
David Covey
I forgot.

Don't forget to unhook the cable when disconnecting..lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
May 15, 2019, 12:00 AM
mopacltd
I use a wireless, but not at the back of the trailer. I installed the camera inside the trailer so I would know what was going on inside. (fire, car coming loose or any other problem)