DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    #4 braided assembly?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#4 braided assembly?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Well maybe I should say cutting. Aeroquip brand hose. Tried my braided line cutters. Tried tape. Tried a cut off wheel. Stiff immediately starts unraveling. The Russel fitting doesn’t have a chance. Any secret to the small stuff? I generally have no issue cutting and assembling braided lines. Help?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use a sharp four inch wide masons chisel and an anvil. One or two blows with a heavy hammer hose is cut nice and clean, no fraying

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just tried that on a chunk of aluminum and it worked great. Thank you!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The -4 Teflon hose can be a ***** to work with. I have had success using a few inches of shrink fit tubing, much like you would use tape. You can shrink it down very tight on the line and then cut it, I use a cut off wheel. After the cut, slit the left over tubing length wise with a razor blade and peel off the excess.

Posts: 138 | Location: Midlothian, Texas | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Do the teflon lined hoses use the same hose ends as the rubber lined?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
no. They have a feral that that goes between the hose and braid it goes on second after the nut. Can be PIA at times.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4177 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I see them now. Thx!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 138 | Location: Midlothian, Texas | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Never had a problem cutting -3 or -4 TFE hose. I slide the fitting over the hose first then cut it. If it frays it is easier to get the feral on. Then, I typically use blood to lubricate the fittings during assembly.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post