Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best Fiberglass parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Fiberglass parts
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Who is the best and who to stay away from..

GO!!

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 767 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
I like Hairyglass the best but they don't make everything. Check their website, if they make what you're looking for buy it.

Glasstek and VFN are pretty close in quality, either one of them would be my second choice.

IMO ....... there are no other choices.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 3192 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
check this thread out.....

http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...997005976#2997005976

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2121 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just 2 replies? I know there more info on good and bad

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 767 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In order best to worst IMO.

5 star / Rousch/ McAmis/ cynergy (all very very good, I consider them equal)

Hairy Glass ( was the best, I've had issues with thier quality since the dad passed)

Glasstek / VFN (both good for stock body parts, I own both on my own car. I've had issues with VFN in the past... but recently they are good.

Suncoast (they make stuff others don't, so we use them. Mostly corvette roadster bodies... but the quality is not very good. The glass itself is workable, their molds suck.

Then a bunch of junk companies:
Unlimited
US body source
Supperior glassworks
And a few others I dont remember and have no use for.

For the extream high end, ULTRA CARBON makes very very nice stock replacement carbon fiber parts. Be aware their prices are 3-4 times most fiberglass companies.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1223 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will I wish Ultra carbon was in the price range lol. But after 24 years same paint its time to change it up. Buying glass front end, hood and doors for the 69 nova and a new paint job.
Leaning towards Glassteck at the moment.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Camaro and Nova fiberglass from Harwood. All pieces were near perfect fit. I will never, never buy from Unlimited again.

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I bought fibergalss parts but never had problem with Harwood stuff. All of out funny car bodys came from Hairy glass and always nice piece,but was before he passed away too.

http://www.schooledbyscotty.com/
Only the stupid know too much to learn something new.
Chris McBride

deplorables saving america one vote at a time

Posts: 1315 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with Glastek

Posts: 1060 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post