DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Replacing plexiglass windows
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacing plexiglass windows
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Any new material being used to replace door windows on race car?

Posts: 6 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
get yourself some MR10 lexan and start cutting save a lot of money I just did my door car over for the cost of 1 window from the above company that was suggested.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
I've fabricated/fit/installed many, many lexan windows over the years, all brands it seems.

IMO, Optic Armor isn't all what people hype it up to be. The coating isn't as hard or as durable as others. I've known several people who had their drop in windows installed using the provided caulk adhesive and the windows did not stick.

My favorite is Pro Glass. Always my go to when given a choice.

Oh, and never us flat sheet, always use pre-formed for your specific vehicle. Flat stuff doesn't look natural when mounted as almost every car has some sort of curvature to the window.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:My favorite is Pro Glass. Always my go to when given a choice.
Oh, and never us flat sheet, always use pre-formed for your specific vehicle. Flat stuff doesn't look natural when mounted as almost every car has some sort of curvature to the window.

Are these Pro Glass

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Did my car with flat sheet MR10 Lexan years ago, worked fine for me. Hardest part was fabricating the frames for the door glass.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post